Publié Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:21:21 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Hey all,

Support ticket is in, but I am looking for any help ASAP.

Server room had some issues this morning, but now everything is back up. DocuWare web client works fine, but when scanning Desktop Apps stops at the point of upload and says no connection. Delete the connection, make it again, looks fine, next scan says no connection. I have several "In progress..." jobs that just sit there, and I don't know how to clear them. I even uninstalled all of DocuWare (including deleting the Program Files and ProgramData folders), reinstalled, same issue. Company-wide. All scanners are dead in the water.

I rebooted the DocuWare server, still no luck. BP server starts but then stops immediately, so I do not know if that has something to do with it.

When I try to create a connection in desktop apps now it says username and password are invalid. These are the same credentials that work for the web client. How is that possible? Authentication should use the same creds.

Really need a lot a help really fast over here.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publié Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:45:17 GMT par Josef Zayats

Joe,

I'd be looking for a resolution on your Docuware server. First thing to check would be the IIS Application Pool for Job Server. See if that starts and stays up. Windows Application Event Log on the server is another place to look for potential hints twds resolution

Publié Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:50:17 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi Joe,

Have a look at \ProgramData\DocuWare\Logs

Especially the one for Authentification server and Background process

Also look into %TEMP%\DocuWare\Logs on the client running Desktop Apps

Regards

Gilles

Publié Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:53:25 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Hey guys,

Great tips, and that is what Chris from DocuWare did -- he got back to me FAST. I now know about how IIS links in to all this, and Chris changed a GPO setting related to a problem with a deleted registry key error. Now everything starts and stays working, and our desktop apps are funcitonal again.

I will research more from your posts, too, so that I have more troubleshooting skills in my arsenal... Thanks much!

Joe Kaufman

You must be signed in to post in this forum.