Publié Thu, 07 Nov 2019 15:48:56 GMT par Brian Osborn Applications Systems Analyst
I am trying to add a carriage return line feed control CrLf within an arithmetic expression.  It validates the syntax, but the desired output is not happening.   Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  The control characters are discussed on page 4 of the Workfow Expression Parser document.

Brian O
Publié Thu, 07 Nov 2019 17:01:50 GMT par Tim Ohm
If that's just a straight VB statement....insert characters with ASCII codes - Chr(10) + Chr(13).  There is also a predefined vb variable - vbCrLf.  Not sure if DW will support either method.
Publié Thu, 07 Nov 2019 17:38:59 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
That won't work. The Workflow Text field is a single line field. It does not accept multiple lines, therefore it will not recognize the code.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Client Services, Americas

Publié Thu, 07 Nov 2019 17:58:47 GMT par Brian Osborn Applications Systems Analyst

Hi Phil, I am actually using the 'Description' designation within the task which appears to have no trouble displaying wrapped lines of text.

Brian O

Publié Thu, 07 Nov 2019 18:11:12 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Ok. Yes, the description is multi-line.

Try these things:

1. Remove the brackets from around CrLF.
2. Try the control chars Chr(10) + Chr(13) instead of the code. But! Be careful. In VB "+" signs mean to add not to concatenate. Now I think we use a mix of C and VB so the plus signs are probably ok, but in VB I use an ampersand & for concatenation.
3. Try  newLine rather than CrLF.
4. Finally just for fun  if all else fails try vbNewLine.

Other than that I am not sure and it would need to be tested further.

Phil Robson

Publié Thu, 07 Nov 2019 18:49:37 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
It does not work. I tried the code, the vb Constant and the ascii chars. Both directly in the text of the description and via a string variable.

Phil Robson

Publié Tue, 21 Sep 2021 18:38:22 GMT par Dan Jernigan Sales Engineer
Was this ever figured out?  I'm wanting to create a line break in a workflow task -> decision -> dialog -> description -> text.  
Publié Mon, 18 Oct 2021 00:55:11 GMT par Thomas Humphrey
Came here looking for the same solution. Would save me from creating multiple description fields.
Publié Tue, 16 Nov 2021 21:48:26 GMT par Frédéric Escudero
I don't now if this solution can be applied to your case but I had the same pb to send ordered text in an e-mail activity.
What I did was to use html tags <br> between each item in a text variable.

Publié Fri, 10 Jun 2022 14:17:58 GMT par Jorge Moreno IT Administrator
se puede hacer si en el formulario web creamos un control del tipo texto de varias lineas (no es necesario indexarlo con un campo de la BDD, yo los oculto y listo) y lo asociamos al area de relleno que recibira la expresión aritmetica con el retorno de carro concatenado FUNCIONA !!!<br> <br> SALUDOS<br> <br> &nbsp;

You must be signed in to post in this forum.