Publié Wed, 17 Jan 2018 16:45:53 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Hey all,

As we work through the visibility of various configuration options (cabinets, document trays, etc) we want to make sure one of our users who has configuration cabailities is always giving the App Dev department full access to what is being created.

One way of coming at that is to check the underlying SQL Server database (we are on-premise) to see what has been created.

But I still need to know where configurations get stored, assuming they are in the database. Can anyone tell me what database and table(s) include information about:

• Import Configurations
  • Document Trays
  • Connect To Outlook Configurations

It would ne nice to find these configurations in the underlying data to make sure we have been granted access by the creator.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publié Wed, 17 Jan 2018 18:49:44 GMT par Tim Ohm

Document trays are essentially a file cabinet, so all their settings will show up in the file cabinet tables in DWSYSTEM.  It takes a bit to piece it all together but you should be able to see what users (DWFCProfileToUser or DWFCProfileToRole) are assigned to a particular profile (DWFCProfile).  We don't use C2O, but C2M configs show up in DWUserSettings.  

I know I've come across the Import Configs somewhere, but I can't find them right now!  

Tim

Publié Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:40:47 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Tim,

Thanks, you got me looking in the right place. They are not in DWFileCabinet table -- that only houses the backing file cabinet for storing documents from the tray. For the best list of document trays, as far as I can see, the DWFCSettings gets you ther, looking for "WebBasket" in the "type" column.

From there, yes, it is the long walk through various Profile, Role, and User tables. I might make a report that shows all that stuff at some point.

I cannot find anything about C2O in the DWUserSettings table. That table seems to only relate to stored user settings, not various C2O configurations that have been created.

Would still love someone from DocuWare to weigh in on this (assuming Tim is not with DW based on low post count -- apologies if that is incorrect!)

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publié Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:22:00 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Various file cabinet settings can be found in DWSYSTEM:
dwfilecabinet and various tables prefixed with dwfc...
Most other system settings are in: dworganizationsettings.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support - Americas

Publié Mon, 22 Jan 2018 15:28:00 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

(Never mind: Since C2O configs have been added recently, I see them at the bottom of the table you mention, DWOrganizationSettings. Looks like I can go from there if I want to dig further. Looks like Import Configs are in there as well, though they show up as "PrinterConfiguration" in the type...interesting!)

Thanks, Phil -- but I was hoping for something a bit more specific. I have found where document tray information is stored and am even linking it to user and role permissions, but I would need more to go on before wading through all org settings to try to find and decipher C2O settings. Can you provide any additional details?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publié Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:09:16 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Printer and Import use the same format for configurations. All I can tell you about any of the settings is that they are all contained generally in the field "settings" as an XML blob.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support - Americas

Publié Mon, 22 Jan 2018 18:02:59 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Yeah, saw the big blob... The most I would ever want to do is link configurations to permissions to make sure people are always giving AppDev access to what they are creating. Otherwise folks could be going nuts with creating new things and we'd never know... Good to know where things are, and I appreciate the help!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publié Wed, 24 Jan 2018 09:36:58 GMT par Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

Hi Joe,

please use the data in the database with caution. Never change anything in there. The database structure is just for internal DocuWare usage and might change with an update even without notice. 

Publié Wed, 24 Jan 2018 13:02:14 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Tobias,

I am well aware of the pros and cons of accessing the database directly, and we do not write anything to the data.

But there are certain things (like details of profiles and roles to obtain permission information) that cannot be accessed via the Platform SDK. If you wanted a report that simply listed users and the groups they were in, along with file cabinet permissions, how would you do that with existing client tools? The Admin tool has almost no reporting whatsoever, and the web client is even less effective when it coes to a reporting standpoint. Client tools are meant for active configuration, not reporting.

That's not even getting into what this thread is about -- visibility of configurations where users forget to give my department access. I know of no way to see all file cabinets and who has access to them without doing a raw pull from th eunderlying data. Even the Platform SDK won;t work there, because it will only show what you have permissions to view -- the very thing I am trying to report on. The alternative is to never grant anyone but my department access and force them to run all changes through me. That's not very efficient either.

I have need for such reporting regularly, so I have no choice but to hit up the data model when the Platform Service does not have what I need. How do you obtain such information? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

You must be signed in to post in this forum.