Information about this KBA:
This article is valid for a user synchronization against a local Active Directory only.
Screenshot of the DocuWare User Synchronization Menu:
Use Case: Only users, who are members of the selected groups (Group Matching Menu) should be synchronized to DocuWare.
Background Information: Active Directories have various kinds of object types, such as group and user.
If a user is a member of a group, this membership is stored in the member attribute of the group. A group can have several members.
If the corresponding LDAP node is selected in the DocuWare User Synchronization App - LDAP User Definition Menu these different options mean:
1. Groups: LDAP node where the Groups are located: Make all objects of type group available in the Group Matching Menu. Create and synchronize only the groups selected in the Group Matching Menu.
2. Users: LDAP node where the Users are located: Synchronize all objects of type user, that can be found within the LDAP node and sub-nodes
3. Include users in selected groups who are not found in the selected user node: Besides the users, that were found in the selected LDAP node in option 2, also include all members of the selected groups.
4. The AD Group Object Marketing is located in CN=Marketing,CN=Groups,OU=DocuWare A,DC=DW4,DC=local
5. The AD User Object Brian Ford is located in CN=Brian Ford,CN=Users,DC=DW4,DC=local and is a Member of Marketing
The goal of this use case is, to create a new DocuWare User "Brian Ford",
to create a new DocuWare Group called "Marketing"
and to add Brian Ford to this new DocuWare Group as this User is a Member of Marketing.
Problem: As the CN=Users holds many other Objects of type user, which must not be synchronized to DocuWare, the LDAP Node CN=Users can NOT be selected in option 2.
- Activate option 3 and select a User LDAP Node (2), which does not contain any user objects. For Example, CN=TPM Devices.
DocuWare User Synchronization will process the following information
There are no Users in the selected node
There is a member Brian Ford. This User will be created in DocuWare and also assigned to the Group