投稿済み Thu, 08 Feb 2018 17:40:11 GMT 、投稿者 Bary Leach

Is there a guide on the syntax for searching in the Web Client.  I'm using 6.9 and I have a Invoice Amount field and I want to search for invoices less than 0 and ones that are 0 and ones that are greater than 0.  '< "0"' seems to work for invoices less than 0, but '= "0"' and '> "0"' don't seem to work.

投稿済み Thu, 08 Feb 2018 18:00:04 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Bary,

First off, thanks for turning me on to these operators -- had no idea you could even do that!

I assume you are referring to searching on a string (text) field, because dates and numeric values already use a range.

I am betting you are simply forgetting to uppercase your AND. Keywords like AND, OR, and NOT always need to be capitalized. I just did a test on a search for an index using the expression:

<= "Y" AND >= "S"

and I got all the documents where that field started with S, T, U, V, W, X, and X. (no "Y" values because any string starting with "Y" that wasn't exactly "Y" wouldn't make it in). So it looks like it works, and you can use "<=" and ">=" in addition to =, <, and >.

Looks like you can even use wildcards in the expressions to create even more powerful searches!

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

投稿済み Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:07:29 GMT 、投稿者 Bary Leach

Thanks, that does help!

投稿済み Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:28:25 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

= "*A*"  - anything containg A
="A*" - anything starting with A
=*A" - anything ending with A

= "A*" AND "*B" - starts with A and ends with B

Phil Robson

投稿済み Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:09:09 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Phil,

The "=" operator is not working for me the way you are describing it. It appears to be an exact match sort of thing.

I tried a search expression on a text field: "*Z*" (no equals sign) and got 4400 documents returned.

I put an equals sign in front and got zero documents back. It did not matter whether or not I had a space between the equals sign and the expression.

Changed the equals sign to a ">" (greater than) and got the whole cabinet back (well, the 30,000 document search maximum I have set up).

Like I said, the "=" seems to enforce an exact match, and does not honor wildcards. I am not sure if it treats the asterisk as a literal asterisk in that case or what.

I am running 6.11 on-premise.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

投稿済み Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:12:44 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Sorry Joe,

The equal sign is not required. I should have clarified that.

The = is assumed. So the exact entry would be "*A" OR "B*" etc.

Phil

投稿済み Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:17:55 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Clarification. The search criteria is determined depending on the syntax. So entering a string such as Phil will generate an = search - WHERE field = 'Phil'

Entering Phil* will generate a LIKE search: WHERE field LIKE 'Phil%'

and so on.

Phil

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。