Hello Leon, hello Phil,
I started to notice similar weird behaviour in DW7, both Cloud (EMEA) and On-Premise. The issue affects Workflow Designer, Archive Configuration and Autoindex - maybe more modules.
It seems as if DocuWare now requires each special Char (like ')' ) to be escaped by a backslash (\) - otherwise Errors start to appear. For example, I recently had a search dialog configured to search for : Rechnung (eingehend)
Up to 6.12 this worked, since 7 I now either need to escape the paranthesis or put everything into these: " ".
I also had a workflow configured to start on every Document with Document Type "Rechnung (eingehend)" - this one was never triggered until I changed the condition to "Rechnung \(eingehend\)".
This simple change in string parsing behaviour seems to probably affect some more stuff than dev originally thougt.
Phil, ould you please check if there is already a bug # assigned to this problem and if a hotfix is underway or if this is by design now.
Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant