Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:20:19 GMT von Casey Miller Director of Technical Services
had a question today about parallel tasks and I wasn't 100% on the answer, but here it was. They have a TASK sent to 4 users for approval of a document. It goes in as a parallel task. Is there a way that we can set an exit condition so that if 3 out of 4 approve, it will exit?
Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:32:28 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Casey,
Try an incrementing variable.
Start the workflow, GV_APPRO_COUNT = 0
When the appropriate approval step is confirmed, feed it straight in to an assign data step:

GV_APPRO_COUNT = GV_APPRO_COUNT + 1

Next an IF/THEN step:
GV_APPRO_COUNT < 3
THEN
loop back to approval step
ELSE
continue on.

Test this carefully, it is off the top of my head and how I would approach it.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:35:50 GMT von Casey Miller Director of Technical Services
So it would need to leave the Parallel task to do this then get fed back in? Would the users who have already approved it get an approval again?
Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:42:29 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

I'm pretty sure yes. That is why I suggested testing it. It may not be a solution. In fact the could be more wrinkles than I first thought.
What is the use case for 4 approvers?

Phil Robson

Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:46:11 GMT von Casey Miller Director of Technical Services
So, it is an application that is submitted into docuware from DocuWare forms to a Committee for approval. But, if majority approve then it passes. Right now, it is just 4 users, so 3 would be majority. 
Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:47:29 GMT von Casey Miller Director of Technical Services
I think I can get around the notification part by creating a new parallel task after the first check then turn notification off on that one. I understand the concept you are saying but wouldn't know how to get around the user already approved not getting the task again.. May just be we can't do it that way..
Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:47:49 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Casey,
Read this section in help on decisions for parallel tasks.
http://help.docuware.com/en/#b64088t58750n87635

This seem to make it possible to do the check if to exit the task. All you need to do is to figure out how to know if 3 have been made. I will do some testing and see what I come up with.

Phil Robson

Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:57:28 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

I think I have it.
Each user makes a decision to approve or reject. If approved, then in the Assign Data section, increment the variable by one when they approve. Then in the Exit conditions section test the variable:  GV_APPRO_COUNT >= 3

If true, exit.

Then no user gets a new task.

Should work ;)

Phil Robson

Veröffentlicht Wed, 20 Mar 2019 17:59:56 GMT von Casey Miller Director of Technical Services
Phil, I believe you have gotten it! Thanks for the help.
Veröffentlicht Fri, 08 Jan 2021 23:51:22 GMT von Penny Baird Consultant
I have a similar situation, although my task is read/acknowledge or comment, as this workflow is for our legal department for whey they are routing agreements that need to be seen by several parties who will be commenting and revising the agreement prior to its final draft/state to present to the other party.

My problem is when in the parallel task the decisions are to read/acknowledge the comments made previously or to add additional comments.  I, like Casey, don't want the task to be fed back into the task BEFORE all of the task users have made a decision on the initial comment.  Right now, if someone adds another comment BEFORE everyone has read the previous comment, then that initial comment is overwritten by the second comment.  I've tried a condition, but that doesn't seem to work and wasn't sure how to execute the exit condition. See example attached.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Penny

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.