Veröffentlicht Thu, 13 Aug 2020 23:52:39 GMT von Suresh Prasad
I am trying to get WF to calculate few fields from a submitted Form. The fields that I want to calculates are not index fields in DW. Am I able to extract data from the submitted form and do a calculation in WF using variable fields? 

Does anyone know how to do this?

Many Thanks,
Suresh
Veröffentlicht Fri, 14 Aug 2020 08:12:41 GMT von Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Suresh,
you need to transfer the data from the form into a file cabinet field, then you can use this data in a workflow.
I hope this helps
Tobias Getz
Veröffentlicht Fri, 14 Aug 2020 20:37:05 GMT von Suresh Prasad
Thanks Tobias. I guess my questions is if there is a way to capture that data without having to transfer it into a cabinet and onto fields. There is a lot of data that is going to be temporarily stored and I didn't think it would be very efficient to create that many fields within a cabinet. Looking for any other way to lift the data from the form to run a calculation.

Thanks,
Suresh 
Veröffentlicht Mon, 17 Aug 2020 07:15:58 GMT von Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Suresh, 

no, there is currently no way to do the calculations in the form itself.
If you need data transferred to a Workflow, the only way is to write the data to IndexFields and retrieve it inside the workflow like Tobias said.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Veröffentlicht Mon, 17 Aug 2020 08:25:52 GMT von Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hello Suresh,
sorry, my answer was too short and did not specifically answer this part of the question, but thanks to Simon for clarification.
Tobias Getz
Veröffentlicht Thu, 20 Aug 2020 04:37:26 GMT von Suresh Prasad

Thank you for the clarification. That answers my question. 

Suresh

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.