Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:10:53 GMT by Larry Stover President

DW7 notes say that DW4 documents are not supported in DW7 at this time.  How do I know if I have any DW4 documents in my DW6.12 system?  I have file cabinets that were started in 1998 using DW3.1 that have been upgraded over the years to DW6.12.  Most of these file cabinets are DocuWare Request customers. Will all my documents convert to pdf using DocuWare Request after upgrading to DW7?

Larry Stover

Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:18:00 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

If you have documents dating back to 1998 you DO have DocuWare 4 documents in your system. The quickest check is to look at your logical disks in the file system. DocuWare 4 disks have a three digit extension where as DocuWare 5 has a 6 digit extension:

DocuWare 4 = AAAAAAAA.nnn

DocuWare 5 = AAAAAAAA.nnnnnn

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:26:00 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Under no circumstances should you upgrade your system to DocuWare 7 with DocuWare 4 documents. You must wait for the next release when they are supported. And no, no upgrade will convert any documents to PDF. DocuWare does not, and never has done that. The documents will remain in your system as TIFFs or whatever document type they were stored at.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:28:11 GMT by Larry Stover President

Phil,

I have many old DWTiff documents, but don't have any 3 digit file cabinets.  I use DocuWare REQUEST to convert all docs to pdf to give to DocuWare REQUEST customers.  My file cabinets containing the old DWTiff docs haven't been converted to pdf in the file cabinets.

Larry

Posted Fri, 02 Aug 2019 23:52:57 GMT by Patrick Keough American Electronic Imaging Company, Inc. CEO
Hi Phil --

- I was unaware of this limitation and recently upgraded a customer to DW7 from DW6.9.  They have a ton of old DWTIFF images, many of them from DW4 infrastructure.
- Now what?  The upgrade has already been performed...
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2020 15:45:57 GMT by Kurt Kremer Professional Services Manager
Phil - to confirm, 7.2 supports DW4 file types now, correct?

Thank you!
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2020 16:35:27 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Yes, version 7.2 can display DocuWare 4 file formats in read only mode.
You can find this information here: http://help.docuware.com/en/#b57865t64858n91901

You must be signed in to post in this forum.