Publicado Thu, 29 Nov 2018 12:49:29 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

My question is, when does it take away from your intelligent indexing quota? When you store the document? When the document hits the document tray? I am asking because I have a client that has 3 AP clerks. They each have separate trays that invoices get imported into. Sometimes, they need to move invoices from their tray to one of the others trays. All 3 trays have the same Int Indexing store dialog. Does it count twice if it gets indexed in one tray, then they move it to the other tray that uses the same configuration?

Publicado Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:45:55 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Casey,
The quota is reduced immediately a document arrives in an Intelligent indexing tray. Therefore, if the document is subsequently moved or copied to another Intelligent indexing tray, it is a new document and affects the quota.
There are 3 activities that do not affect the quota:

1. Right clicking and selecting "Repeat Intelligent indexing".
2. Sending a user feedback to Intelligent indexing. (This happens automatically when a document is stored from an Intelligent indexing tray).
3. When step 2 occurs, the web client resends all similar documents which are still in the tray to Intelligent indexing so that they can benefit from the new feedback.

These 3 activities are free. That is no affect on quota.
I hope that clarifies things for you.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:00:19 GMT por Callum McGlynn Technical Solutions Manager

Hi Phil,

I'm fairly sure it was announced at DocuWorld that this had changed?

It used to be when it hit the tray but this was amended to when it was actually stored as somebody could unclip a document that would hit a quota massively in a tray?

Publicado Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:56:51 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

I thought I remembered that as well, but I can't find any documentation on this. it seems as though it is using quota as Phil stated. We have had to add 1000 credits to their account over the last month but I am thinking it is because the moving of the invoices from tray to tray. Would be great if it was storing and not just when it hits the tray...It isn't like it is benefiting anyone until you store it anyways... doesn't make sense to me, Thanks,

Publicado Fri, 30 Nov 2018 12:58:41 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

another question came up as well.. If the pdf that is imported is say 50 pages. Even if it is only reading off the first page, does it take more than 1 quota away? What if it reads data on page 1 and on page 40?

Publicado Fri, 30 Nov 2018 13:08:15 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

When a document hits the Intelligent indexing tray, the first 5 and last 5 pages are used to find index data. When a multipage document is unclipped or unstapled, all documents created from the unclip/staple are sent to Intelligent indexing and affect the quota.
So if you put a 20 page document in to the tray 1 document is sent to Intellix and affects quota. If you now unclip/staple it to 20 individual documents, 21 documents will affect quota.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

You must be signed in to post in this forum.