Publicado Thu, 29 Mar 2018 06:29:23 GMT por Foulds Foulds

Hi,

Is there a way to lock specific documents to prevent changes being made to a document?

In example, a document has a lifecycle: Template->Draft->Beta->Approved

Users can edit if in status Template, Draft and Beta, but may not change a document if in approved status? (Also Editing/Check Out would need to be disabled)

Is there a way this can be done in Docuware?

Thanks

Publicado Thu, 29 Mar 2018 10:25:49 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Juan,
There may be a better way, but I think that creating filtered dialogs may work for this. You would have a search dialog that only retrieves documents that are not approved. The associated profile would allow all editing.
Then create another dialog for approved documents. The associated profile would have no editing rights at all.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Thu, 29 Mar 2018 11:50:17 GMT por Foulds Foulds

Hi Phil,

I dont really want to go down that route, as the customer may want to have a single list of all documents in one result list. 

I have however discovered a document can be locked (by mistake), which prevents checkout or editing, where a record is added to the <filecabinet>_Lock table, This behaviour is what I am after, and could be exploiteD.

Thanks

Publicado Thu, 29 Mar 2018 12:02:05 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Juan,
Do not, under any circumstances attempt to manipulate DocuWare's internal database tables.
You cannot have a mix of rights based on a document status. Rights are allocated via profiles. I understand that the customer may want to see them all in one list, but you cannot do that, so thet need to consider some flexibility within DocuWare's architecture.

Phil Robson

Publicado Thu, 29 Mar 2018 12:29:08 GMT por

Hi Juan,

hi Phil,

why don´t set an indexfilter for documents with status approved?

i think that way would be possible, or?

Best Regards

Martin

Publicado Thu, 29 Mar 2018 12:32:49 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

An index filter is exactly what I said needs to be done with an associated profile that controls the edit/read rights.

Phil Robson

Publicado Thu, 29 Mar 2018 19:10:43 GMT por Foulds Foulds

Thank you Gents for the advice,

The Dialogs makes more sense. Will communicate the same to the customer. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.