Publicado Wed, 03 Apr 2019 13:03:33 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services
Has anyone ever done a migration from ImageDirector to DocuWare?
Publicado Wed, 03 Apr 2019 13:16:18 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Casey,

I am not familiar with ImageDirector, but onison appears to be:

http://www.onison.com/Intelligent_XML_Feed_API/130

If they have an XML feed, they might know something about mass exporting of documents. At least worth contacting them for ideas.

From there, I would assume you'll be looking at using the API to import the documents into DocuWare. I have a multi-threaded application written in C#/.NET that can import documents into DocuWare pretty quickly, though it threads based on how our documents were set up in Fortis (by Fortis' "document type"). But there might be some code there of use to you.

Any idea of how many documents you are looking at in total, how many different document types there are, and how complex indexes are? The thing to shoot for is doing an export where you can put the document and meta-data for the indexes right beside it (dwcontrol file). Then you may be able to just use the straight Import module to import files into DocuWare. Beyond that it would mean API time.

Good luck!

Joe Kaufman

You must be signed in to post in this forum.