Publicado Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:09:50 GMT por Robert Oswald CIO

Is it possible to create a workflow that terminates if an index value of the document changes after the worflow has started? For example, I have a Resume Review workflow that send a resume to the hiring manger for review and approval. Is there a way to automatically terminate that workflow instance if the hiring manager changes, i.e. GV_HIRING_MANAGER <> DW_HIRING_MANAGER?

Thanks for any guidance.

Publicado Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:35:17 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

I think that you want the workflow to continually check those values. To do that would require WF to be in an endless loop and it will not allow that.
Supposing the current hiring manager changes, then their workflows will sit in the task list until a controller re-assigns them. If you use a Role for the hiring manager instead of an explicit user combined with the task overdue re-assignment function then the task will go to the new hiring manager when it becomes overdue.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 14 Nov 2018 21:42:01 GMT por Matthew Trembly Software Support Manager

Robert, set a due date in the activity, and evaluate again after the due date.

Publicado Thu, 15 Nov 2018 08:50:15 GMT por

hi robert,

you can use "escalation" in your workflow-task. set it on one day, then connect it with an condition check, if GV_HIRING_MANAGER <> DW_HIRING_MANAGER is like you want, then connect it with end, if not connect it again with the task.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.