Publicado Tue, 17 Jan 2023 22:27:50 GMT por Mike Remore ATS1
Hi- I am taking a multiple line text field (with up to 1200 characters) from a web form and post-filling it onto a field on a merge form. When this is merged, the text does not wrap and basically runs off of the page. I have solved this by creating 12 single-line fill areas and inserting 100-character segments in to each fill area. This works BUT the text wraps in the middle of a word. The index field needs to be able to be updated as it runs through a workflow. I could come up with a series of expressions to search for the last space before the wrap, but I am hoping for a more simple method. Has anyone come up with a better way?
Thanks, Mike
Publicado Wed, 18 Jan 2023 16:26:48 GMT por Gerardo Lisanti Team Leader Product Management
Hi Mike,

in Forms, line breaks are automatically enabled for merge form zones that are connected to a "multi-line" field.
However, this cannot currently be enabled for freely created merge form zones. We are aware of this problem and are looking into it.

As a workaround you can add a multi-line field in Forms and then create a merge form zone associated with it.
When this zone is filled trough a workflow the text is automatically wrapped.

This "unnecessary" multi-line field can be hidden in Forms via a field behavior.

Viele Grüße / With best regards,

--

Gerardo Lisanti
Product Manager  |  DocuWare GmbH
Publicado Wed, 18 Jan 2023 16:56:25 GMT por Mike Remore ATS1
Gerardo-

Thanks for the suggestion- it worked great! I wasn't aware that I could post-fill to a merged field.

Thanks again!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.