Publicado Fri, 30 Aug 2024 13:54:22 GMT por Michal Cepek
Hi guys,
I am trying to import some values via Desktop App / Import feature via dwcontrol file.
I am unable to import database field type decimal. There are several examples for db field types - text, date, numeric, etc., but no one for type decimal.
I tested it in this format:
<Field dbname="Castka" type="Decimal" value="64544,56" culture="cs-CZ" decimalPlaces="2" />
Even if Import is successful, field "Castka" in Docuware stays empty (without data, means @IsNull = "true").
Value is number with 2 decimal places (en-US format of this number is probably 64544.56).

Can you hint me what is correct format or if is possible to Import Decimal type of database field at all?

Thank you
Publicado Fri, 30 Aug 2024 14:24:54 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Michal Cepek, 

the format I always use is this: 
<Field dbName="AMOUNT" type="Decimal" culture="en-Us" decimalPlaces="2" value="4688.6000" />

Maybe the dbName is case sensitive and you need to type "CASTKA"? Or maybe the field has a different dbName and you just typed the display value? Everything else seems to be about the same as in my line.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Mon, 02 Sep 2024 09:03:10 GMT por Michal Cepek

Hi Simon,

you are correct that "Castka" is FieldLabel and not FieldName which is "CASTKA".

Anyway other field types I use (Text, Date) are working with 'FieldLabel' in 'dbname' so it is not seems like case sensitive.

Also I tried format

<Field dbname="CASTKA" type="Decimal" culture="cs-CZ" decimalPlaces="2" value="64544,56" />

and

<Field dbname="CASTKA" type="Decimal" culture="en-Us" decimalPlaces="2" value="64544.56" />

And result is still same, value is not imported do Docuware even if import is successful (no errors appears in LogCollector).

When I looked to History\Document in WebClient, record is stored without "Castka" field - means all other 'dbname' fileds are imported correctly.

There is probably some bug because when I imported it with different (wrong) format I received error, so import and format seems to be OK.

Publicado Mon, 02 Sep 2024 09:36:17 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Okay. Try to use the fieldName whenever possible, FieldLabel can be changed at any time and then the configuration might not work anymore.

Pivoting to other ideas: Are your 100% sure that the DW user account which you are using in the DW Import is allowed to write into the field?
Does the user have the permission to write, change and create new entries in this index field or maybe that right is missing from some custom file cabinet profiles or index value profiles?

Does the store dialog set the field to read-only? Does the import configuration overwrite the entry with an empty one?

If you are on DW on-premise, you might also be on that one version with a bug where DW Import uses the currently signed-in windows user instead of the user which is logged into the desktop apps to store documents. Update DW if this is the issue.

Hope this helps.
Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
Publicado Mon, 02 Sep 2024 09:52:48 GMT por Michal Cepek

Yes, I am 100% sure. Used account is part of Owner standard profile in FileCabinet and has all permissions including Write, Modify, Allow new entries. No custom profiles are used.

Store dialog is also OK, no read-only fields. Import doesn't overwrite anything, I am importing 100% new records. Store dialog was created specifically for import and I tested it also with manual store from Document Tray which is working OK.

Docuware is in Cloud version, user logged in Desktop Apps is same as owner of FileCabinet and is also part of Organization Administrator.

Publicado Mon, 02 Sep 2024 11:53:05 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Sounds pretty strange.
The last thing I can think of is the encoding.
Please make sure your .dwcontrol file is saved as UTF-8 (without BOM) and your first two lines of the file should be these: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ControlStatements xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://dev.docuware.com/Jobs/Control">

If it's not that either, please open a support ticket with DocuWare and have someone from the support team look at this.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
Publicado Mon, 02 Sep 2024 12:03:27 GMT por Michal Cepek
Finally I found issue. I am sorry it is my mistake which occured by copy/paste. Characted "N" in 'dbName' was as lower-case letter "n", although all other XML fields I wrote manually are in correct format 'dbName'.
Wrong format:
<Field dbname="Castka" type="Decimal" culture="cs-CZ" decimalPlaces="2" value="64544,56" />

Correct format:
<Field dbName="Castka" type="Decimal" culture="cs-CZ" decimalPlaces="2" value="64544,56" />

Thank you Simon for your hints and patience.
Publicado Mon, 02 Sep 2024 12:10:19 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Thanks for reporting back.
Yes, I also forgot that the keys are case sensitive and did not catch it in your messages.

Anyway, now we have a great thread we can point to in the future if someone else has issues with the dwcontrol syntax! (;

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann

You must be signed in to post in this forum.