Publicado Tue, 21 Jul 2020 02:45:52 GMT por David Moore Co-Contract Administrator
An invoice is stored into the FC. My customer wants to include the purchase order information in the index data. The purchase order data can be indexed from the great Plains Database. Purchase orders are only electronic and reside in the GP accounting system.  My problem is that the purchase order can contain several line items of data. I have found the table fields are a perfect application for this but the table fields are not available to be populated in an Autoindexing run. Does anyone have any ideas or has anyone been presented with this question? I guess the other solution would be if we could somehow export the PO's to the file cabinet from Great Plains after they are created. They have never "printed out" purchase orders in the past. Could workflow designer be configured to get the PO data from the database into docuware? 
Publicado Tue, 21 Jul 2020 07:35:01 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi David, 

Workflow Designer currently has more or less of the same problems with table fields as AIX; you can read from them but not write back to them easily. 
My Workaround for this problem would be to create a Webservice which is called from your workflow - Webservice connnects to SQL Databasase, retrieves all required info and pushes them back to the DW document via .NET API (https://developer.docuware.com/dotNet_CodeExamples/workWithTableFields.html).

A not-so-nice and not approved by DocuWare workaround would be to write the info directly from your "great Plains Database" into the DWDATA database via TSQL or something along these lines. 

Hope this helps (a bit). 

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Wed, 22 Jul 2020 13:39:49 GMT por David Moore Co-Contract Administrator
Thanks for the response and information.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.