Publicado Tue, 19 Sep 2023 23:51:37 GMT por Thomas Stephens
I want to assign a Value to a Global Variable from a Table. Specifically I need to pull an email address from a list of values in the table.

The Table has Email addresses, I want to step through the Table using a counter, and pull the Email address from each Email Column and place into a Global Variable. I have everything I need for the Loop and Counter, and just cannot find a way to pull the Value from Row 1 (Counting up) in column Email, and assign to the GV_Email.

Thanks in advanced.
Publicado Wed, 20 Sep 2023 07:30:49 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Thomas,

you need to build a loop in the Workflow, using a condition and a data assignment step.
in the arithmetic expressions, a table column is handled the same way as a keyword field, you can use the index to access a specific value.
Example: 
DW_TABLEFIELD[TABLE_COLUMNNAME][GV_Counter]
Just remember that the index starts at 0, as DW is coded in C#.

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Wed, 20 Sep 2023 11:50:33 GMT por Thomas Stephens
Thank-you for the reply, I do have everything working in the Loop. However I cannot read from the Table. Here is the question again.. 

Can a value from a Table Cell be assigned to a Global Variable?

I need to assign the value in column Email to a Global Variable... (I should have left out all the Loop part of the explanation. just thought it would put it into context.)

Thank-you.
Publicado Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:10:33 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Thomas, 

that is exactly what the example from my last answer is for.
In your data assignment, put your global variable as the assignment target, then choose arithmetic expression on the right. In the arithmetic expression, you can do what I explained above.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Wed, 20 Sep 2023 12:26:19 GMT por Thomas Stephens
Yes, I see it now, Thank-you very much.!! I am still a little new at this.

Have a great day!

You must be signed in to post in this forum.