Publicado Sat, 07 Apr 2018 11:44:14 GMT por Craig Heintz SE

I have a customer on v6.11.  There license is a 10 concurent user license that we have converted one of the concurrent licenses to 2 names licenses so the system is currently set as 9 concurrent and 2 named.

The have purchased an additional 5 named user licenses under the new license method and this requires me to upgrade their system version to 6.12 to allow them to be used.

They want to convert more of their 9 concurrent licenses to named ones as part of this whole process.

Now for my question...Is there any advantage converting these concurrent licenses to named ones before upgrading or will they retain the same 2 to 1 ratio for conversion when they are on v6.12?

Publicado Sat, 07 Apr 2018 12:50:00 GMT por Josef Zayats

Craig,

after upgrade and applying newly purchased licenses you will have 2 types of licenses, old and new. 'Old' - you'd be able to convert back and forth with 2 to 1 ratio, 'New' - ratio will be 4 to 1. Also, 'new' are purchased as named not as concurrent, but 4 can be combined into a concurrent.

Of course, goes without saying, that all 'new' licenses should be left as named before converting any of the old from concurrent to named

You must be signed in to post in this forum.