Publicado Mon, 11 Oct 2021 23:08:03 GMT por Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager
HI Folks,
My archive files are being delivered with the first name, last name and DOB and I need to be able to extract each piece to index.  Does anyone know how to do this?
File Name = 012345875142_526_Weingand Michael 11071966.

I need to take the first variable after the last underscore and make that the Last Name, then after the the first Space, make it the First Name and then after the last space make this the DOB.  

Last Name = Weingand
First Name =Michael
DOB = 11071966

Please let me know if you can help me!!
Thanks in advance for any help.

-Michael 
Publicado Tue, 12 Oct 2021 09:19:07 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Michael, 

you can use Split(String, String, Int32, CompareMethod) in an arithmetic expression in workflow designer to get a specific part of the filename. 
You might need to use it multiple times and play around with multiple global variables for this.

Hope that Helps. 

Greetings, 
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Wed, 13 Oct 2021 17:44:45 GMT por Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager
I get the error below when using this.  Split([GV_File_Name],' ',CompareMethod);

I got the first part to work where I now have the GV_File_Name to propagate with just the substring. GV_File_Name=Michael Weingand 5401

Now I need to get the value before the first {space} to propagate the field First Name, then after the second {space} the field for Last Name and so forth.  Suggestions please?

Publicado Thu, 21 Oct 2021 06:26:33 GMT por Morten Ravn
You just pack the split inside a split

Split(Split(File Name,"_")(3)," ")(0) should be firstname
Split(Split(File Name,"_")(3)," ")(1) should be lastname
Split(Split(File Name,"_")(3)," ")(2) should be DOB

You must be signed in to post in this forum.