Publicado Wed, 03 Apr 2019 15:05:16 GMT por Josef Zayats
If I have a multi-column select list (ColA and ColB) and a store dialog (or an index dialog) where I associate a field1 with ColA filtered by Filed2=ColB, and configure Field2 be a custom value - the dropdown list for Field1 appears as expected: it filters values from select list based on Field2 predefined value.
But if I want to hide Field2 from the dialog - then the filtering stops working.
This is very strange as using a store dialog with custom value hidden field works as expected. Just the problem with filtering of select list.
Publicado Wed, 03 Apr 2019 15:11:22 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Josef,
The filtering requires that all fields to be filtered are shown on the dialog as the value is taken from the dialog. Have you tried to lock the field instead of removing it?

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 03 Apr 2019 16:09:11 GMT por Josef Zayats
Phil,
this is how it works, but should that be the way it works? If a custom value hidden field works in a store dialog should not it also woprk for select list filtering?
Do you think it would be a good candidate for a feature request, or not a chance?
Publicado Wed, 03 Apr 2019 16:43:33 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Josef,
I think it is worthy of a feature request. The worst that can happen is that they come back with a technical reason why it can't be done.
Out of interest, did you try it with the field locked but visible?

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 03 Apr 2019 17:16:06 GMT por Josef Zayats
Phil,
yes with field visible with custom value and Read-Only it works as expected, but that is an extra field on users dialog that could be done without.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.