Publicado Fri, 29 Sep 2023 23:09:49 GMT por Levi Enns Technician
Hello, when uploading a document using the api through javascript we can upload files less than 2mb. When we upload a document larger than that we get the following error message:
"Message":"There was an error generating the XML document.","Exception":"InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document.","Uri":"<redacted>/Documents","Method":"POST","StatusCode":500,"Status":"Internal Server Error","InternalCode":0

We're not entirely sure if it's IIS manager causing this but we checked the max allowed content size and it's currently set to 30mb. Is there any limits to file size when uploading through the api? I am uploading the document in chunks.
Publicado Mon, 02 Oct 2023 08:01:00 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Levi, 

Please check the Platform Log file on the Webserver (%ProgramData%\DocuWare\Logs) for a detailed error log.
Which DocuWare Version are you using?

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Mon, 02 Oct 2023 16:43:17 GMT por Levi Enns Technician

Hello Simon,

We are using Version 7.8. The error that shows up in the log is as follows:

<message>There was an error generating the XML document.</message><exception>System.InvalidOperationException: There was an error generating the XML document. ---&gt; System.InvalidOperationException: Value of ItemElementName mismatches the type of System.DateTime; you need to set it to DocuWare.Platform.Model.ItemChoiceType.@Date.

This happens when uploading any file over 3mb, anything less and there is no issues. Currently, I'm not changing anything about the Date index field or any index fields including DateTime. This would be an index field coming from DocuWare itself. I've had success in uploading a file with 10mb of data without sending the index fields along with it. I've tried creating new Index fields without mentioning the dates and it will still throw an error about DateTime.

Publicado Thu, 12 Oct 2023 16:10:29 GMT por Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Levi Enns,

are you transfering the file within one DocuWare organization or do you transfer it between different organisations?

If the documents are transferred within one organization you should better use the "Transfer" functionality. With this you do not have to download and upload a file just to move/copy it to a different file cabinet.

Additionally you can look into using our chunk upload for big files described here: Easy Uploading huge Files | DocuWare SDK Documentation

Regards
Tobias Getz
Team Leader Product Management
DocuWare GmbH

You must be signed in to post in this forum.