Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 18:40:51 GMT by David Williams

Okay, so I need to be able to find documents by their Doc ID but do not know of a way to search by this field. Does anyone know of a way to do this in the Cloud.

My situation is this, I have about 350 documents that aren't syncing due to the size of the document. The sync error log shows me the doc id so I know which ones to get, just don't have a good way of searching for them.

Any ideas? If it was on premise it would be easy. I don't have access to the database in the cloud!

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:11:00 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

The only way to search on this internal field is to create a custom DOCID field and run an AutoIndex workflow to populate the field. Then search on the custom field in the Web Client. Make sure your custom field is type "INT".

Phil Robson

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:18:59 GMT by David Williams

Thanks Phil ! Thats easy enough!

Sometimes I just need to think about things a little harder!

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:21:55 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Easy enough yes, but it sure woud be handy to be able to do it without the hoops!

Phil.

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 19:28:00 GMT by David Williams

That is true!! I would have a field day at DocuWorld or at an R&D session. I have a lot of simple things that would make Docuware so much better!! LOL

I recognize the framework behind the Client Interface becaue I do quite a bit of .NET programming in house, so there would be a list of enhancements I could come up with!

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:05:07 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Yep. I'ts straight C# in .NET with HTML5. Simple right? :)

Phil

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:10:23 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Except the parts that are still Silverlight.  :P

(Not sure how much of that is left in 6.12 -- I am still on 6.11).

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:13:37 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

2/5ths of nothing in 6.12

Phil

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:16:21 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Even Import Configurations? That looks like it would have been a bear to convert to pure HTML5...

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:22:52 GMT by David Williams

I don't know about simple, but absolutely doable! LOL

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:22:57 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Yes. This is why it took so long to retiire Silverlight. Our developers are quite brilliant and talented. Our Mobile Team for example actually have a patent now for our PaperScan product. Not an easy feat.
Our Intelligent Indexing stands alone as a unique innovation that no one else has - patents pending.

Phil

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:34:51 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

OK, I might have to seriously consider upgrading from 6.11 to 6.12, just not really sure how to go about it (I have never installed any updates or hotfixes, and I am not the network infrastructure person at my company).

Any advice on the best way to approach an upgrade? Is it something I should just open a support ticket for? My main issue is that we obviously can't do it during any times I am here, as that is when the system is live. Just afraid of what would happen if the upgrade gets botched and the system stops working. That's why we only upgrade systems if we really need something fixed or some new feature (everything else we custom build, so upgrades wre continual).

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:42:12 GMT by David Williams

You will need to consider what this upgrade will also do as fas as changing the way you are able to administrate the system. As soon as you upgrade to 6.12 ALL....I said ALL configurations for cabinets has to be done in configurations. It cannot be done in the DW administration!! This change alone wanted to make me fly all the way to Germany (or where ever they make decisions like this) and beat the door down and complain! It is absolutely painful to set up and administer cabinets now. I dread having to make changes!

Just my 2 cents!!

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 20:51:58 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

I feel the same way sometimes, but personally I have come to realize that the natural resistance to change and having to re-learn how to do it is in play. If you have never configured a system any other way than in 6.12 then you would think nothing of it. I'm not playing down your opinion David - it is very common - everyone is having trouble getting used to it - even DocuWare employees. The DocuWare Administration program is the last remnant of the old Windows client. It has to go. The technology is over 10 years old. The vehicle is battered, bruised, and starting to rust. Time for a new one. :)

Phil

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2018 21:01:20 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Good point, as I am still trying to get my head around configuration in general. I quite like the desktop tools and tend to have trouble finding things in the web interface (and it feels a little more sluggish even though we are on-premise against a monster server).

I might wait for 6.13 when some things at least get refined in the web client based on some of the feedback (like yours) that started when 6.12 was released to the cloud.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Posted Fri, 09 Feb 2018 05:11:47 GMT by Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi

I do not know if my post is still relevant as you discussed quite a lot.

Any way, here is my "contribution"

Without access to the database and without creating an autoindex job to process all the database to copy the system DOCID to a custom DOCID, I found that searching the DOCID using the fulltext gives pretty good result.

Sometimes it might return more than one document as the DOCID number can also be a value in a document.

Of course this is fully manual, a little but quick and dirty, but it can help

Regards

Gilles

Posted Thu, 05 Jul 2018 21:59:00 GMT by Pedro E. Gonzalez-Santini

Hello, Gilles. I'm glad I read through the whole post, which got off topic despite being interesting. The full text search allowed be to find one of two documents I need to check among several thousand and without adding a custom docid field. Thanks.  Now I wonder why it only finds one of the two.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.