Publié Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:38:44 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

If you have a filter profile, can you not fulltext search? I have a cabinet with users that have a filter that reads ;

Approver CONTAINS "ApproverName"

so if the field called approver contains their name in it they can see the document.

If they do a fulltext search no documents show no matter what you put in. If I switch the FC profile from the filter profile to just the standard Read profile  everything works as expected. This started after upgrading to version 7. They are on 7.0.0.8559. 

Has anyone come across this? Is it a bug?

Thanks in Advance,

Casey

Publié Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:40:58 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

I have uploaded what my filter looks like.

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/filter_profile_pai.png

Publié Thu, 21 Feb 2019 20:49:08 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Casey,
From what you say I assume that the fulltext search with the filter worked in 6.12? I see no reason why this should not continue to work in 7. Please open a support request so that we can  double check everything and replicate the behavior, and then request feedback from R&D. Depending on the reply we may need to register a bug.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Fri, 22 Feb 2019 13:13:20 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

that is correct. It worked on 6.12. Even if it didn't work on 6.12, there should be no reason why it shouldn't work. Why would you not be able to fulltext search just because a filter is attached to the user??? I know it is the filter because I have removed the filter and applied multiple times with the same results. Tried this with multiple users. Either way, this should be fixed. I have submitted a support request. Thanks.

Publié Fri, 22 Feb 2019 14:09:14 GMT par Josef Zayats

Casey,

I have a number of DW7 systems including cloud where Index Filters are used, and FullText Search works just fine.

Possibly, your Filter is not set up correctly (for example your Approver names are different from user login name. I suggest you use a simple filter with a static value that you can easily see and control.

Also, I notice that your Index Profile is not set up the way Docuware recommends it: you should have two separate profiles, one (non-IF) with all the rights you want to give users (such as Display, Edit, Edit Index data, append - whatever user need) - BUT no SEARCH right. And the 2nd profile with your Index Filter set and only right SEARCH assigned). And you assign your users to both of these profiles.

Publié Fri, 22 Feb 2019 19:22:00 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

Josef, yes they were setup correctly. They were all working before the upgrade. Also, the way you suggest to setup filters was only for the older systems in like 6.7 or something like that. It isn't neccessary anymore witih the way FC Filter profiles changed. Its just pointless extra profile that isn't needed. The reason you use to have to do that is because if you applied a filter to a profile, it would not let you select the search right. Now you can so there is no point.

To fix the issue I just had to recreate every filter that was created for that cabinet. Once the FC cabinet was recreated, everything is working how it was before again.

Thanks all.

Publié Sat, 23 Feb 2019 13:11:00 GMT par Josef Zayats

Casey,

Glad you've resolved the issue..

though FC regular (non IVF) profiles have changed and do not include dialog assignment any more, they'ret still neccessary in many cases - for example if user needs a Store right to the FC. This right (and also some other, lesser rights) cannot be given thru a IVF profile. Though a separate regular profile with just a Store right would probably also work, but to me the old apprach with a separate Search-only IVF profile still sounds better.

Publié Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:26:20 GMT par Matthew Trembly Software Support Manager

Casey, I had similar problems migrating legacy filter profiles to DocuWare 7.  Like you, I rebuilt them.  So far, so good ... 

Publié Thu, 28 Feb 2019 21:39:34 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

yeah, I think it may be something small missed in the changes. I know they mention filters in AutoIndex may have to be created again but no mention of FC filters. I have another update coming up that uses FC Filters so we will see if we get same results. Thanks for your input.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.