Publié Wed, 24 Jan 2018 15:37:02 GMT par David Barlet Technical Manager

Hello,

Since migration to 6.12, how to copy a profil?

Before we had by right click a function to copy a profil. It was very helpfull when we created a filtered profil bases on another one which is similar.

For profil which are complex it was less time consumming.

Now with 6.12 and in Webclient configuration how to do that?

Please don't tell me that now we have to create filtered profil from scratch everytime and we have to refill :

- All criteria with condition AND and OR implicated

- Right on function

- Right on index

Best regards,

David

Publié Thu, 25 Jan 2018 14:35:15 GMT par Craig Heintz SE

I believe if you are in the Web Configuration on the main cabinets screen where it simply lists the names of the cabinets, when you highlight the row with the cabinet you want to copy, you will see controls pop up on the right.  The upside down box with a arrow pointing down is expot to xml like it use to be.  That should fix your concern. 

Publié Thu, 25 Jan 2018 17:57:23 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Dear Craig

I am afraid your answer does not match the need.

The question is not how to duplicate a file cabinet.

The question is how can we can duplicate a profile as it was possible with the windows administration client.

As far as we can see the only choices available are add or delete

This lack of choice to duplicate (unless we missed something)  is more than cumbersome and dramatically time consuming (wasting) when setting up a file cabinet with advanced profiles

We definitely want the functionality back

Regards

Gilles

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/2018-01-25_19h47_24.png

Publié Fri, 26 Jan 2018 14:07:59 GMT par Craig Heintz SE

Sorry about that.  Now I get it.  This issue of having a COPY button on this screen was suggested during the BETA testing period for v6.12.  It seems it was not added.  I agree with you that it would be very helpful and increase efficiency for creation of profiles.

Publié Sat, 27 Jan 2018 09:09:08 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

I hope that DocuWare team understands it is major drawback compared to the windows administration client.

To move to a full web adminsitration client is of course the right move but, please take into account the day to day work we - as partners - have to do to provide the best solution for our customers.

Such choice will generate frustation and waste of time.

We need that to be fixed asap to continue upgrading to 6.12.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Gilles

Publié Thu, 01 Feb 2018 11:12:52 GMT par Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

I am sorry, that you are missing this functionality so much. 
We are adding the functionality to copy profiles to the next DocuWare release.

Publié Tue, 06 Feb 2018 07:12:29 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi Tobias

Thanks for your feedback

Too avoid such situation it would be nice (and time sparing)  if DocuWare team does some kind of survey before removing a functionnality 

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Gilles

You must be signed in to post in this forum.