投稿済み Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:40:23 GMT 、投稿者 Ron VandenLangenBerg Applications Developer

One of my users was in a multiple cabinet search and called because she was getting a "Dialog with id i_*long number* is not available for user *username*.  Moving it over and opening the same record in the correct file cabinet allowed the change.

The "change index" is not in the right click dropdown list.  The viewer does not show the indexes  But the index is available under tools with the Show Index Entries Tool (see red circl in picture).  Using this we can see the system data for the record.

So why can't a user edit an index on a multiple file cabinet search?

Thanks.

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/Docuware_ScreenShot.png

投稿済み Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:48:00 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Ron,
Before we can respond I need to know what version of DocuWare?
While the multi-cabinet search knows which cabinet the document is from, the Index entry dialog for the applicable cabinet is not available (hence the error). But I will confirm that when I know the version.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

投稿済み Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:54:53 GMT 、投稿者 Ron VandenLangenBerg Applications Developer

Version 6.11 might have been sufficient, but giving you the build leaves you with no doubts.

投稿済み Mon, 12 Feb 2018 19:58:37 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

6.11 was fine. The build number is just the production build. Hot Fixes don't change that number.

Phil Robson

投稿済み Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:17:25 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

When you create a multi-cabinet search the first cabinet is the primary and it is this cabinet's dialogs that are used. Therefore, if you open the index entries from the viewer option and the document belongs to the primary cabinet then you can edit and save without error. However, if you open a document from the secondary cabinet, and try to edit it you will get an error because the dialog for that cabinet is not attached to the result list.
The error may differ depending on circumstances. For example, my error was that a specific field did not exist in the other cabinet.
My opinion is that the behavior is by design.

Phil Robson

投稿済み Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:23:30 GMT 、投稿者 Ron VandenLangenBerg Applications Developer

Is it an oversight that the "Show Index Icon" in the tools section is still enabled since the other two index access points are disabled?

The index is the same for all three of the file cabinets we have joined together otherwise it might have been more apparent which index we were seeing.  Thanks for the information.

投稿済み Mon, 12 Feb 2018 20:58:24 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Ron,

You make a good point. I will look at version 6.12, and the upcoming 7.0 to see if the behavior has changed at all.

Phil Robson

投稿済み Tue, 13 Feb 2018 17:10:06 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Phil,

It would definitely be nice to know the outcome of this. In my opinion, if two out of three indexing spots hide the functionality on multi-cabinet results (even if the selected document is from the "primary" search dialog), then it should be hidden everywhere. The fact that it works for the primary but not for the others makes it all the more confusing, and just shouldn't be allowed now that we understand how a multi-cabinet result list is really sort of a nebulous. user-driven concept. To keep security intact and prevent confusion, it would be better if changing such indexes was not allowed across the board.

Alternately, if multi-cabinet searches could be created at the configuration level (not user by user), then dialogs could be created and assigned privileges and everything would work as it should. However, it appears to be pretty ingrained (especially with regard to Platform SDK resource entry points) that dialogs are under a single file cabinet. My guess is that configuring multi-cabinet searches as persistent dialogs is not in the cards for a loooong time.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

投稿済み Thu, 15 Feb 2018 12:50:00 GMT 、投稿者 Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Phil,

Were you able to find anything out on this matter, including if something will change in a future version (if it hasn't already)?

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

投稿済み Thu, 15 Feb 2018 13:23:43 GMT 、投稿者 Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

We just completed the investigation and the behavior is the same in both releases. You can edit Index entries if you are editting a document from the File cabinet that serves the Dialogs (normally the first one selected). If you try to edit a document from the second cabinet you get an error.
I have not investigated yet if there are any plans to change this behavior.

Phil Robson

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。