投稿済み Wed, 01 Jun 2022 16:46:38 GMT 、投稿者 Tracy Fleming CiTi BOCES DocuWare Application Administrator
Can I automatically load the value of the Store Date system field into an index field so that it shows in the results dialog?
I already have an index field set up to capture the Store Date moving forward but I'd like to back fill the index field for past records. 

Could I accomplish this with a simple workflow maybe? Simple being the operative word there... I'm pretty new to workflows. 
Thanks for any suggestions.
投稿済み Thu, 02 Jun 2022 08:04:03 GMT 、投稿者 Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hello Tracy,<br> <br> which DocuWare Version are you using?&nbsp;<br> In a recent Version (I think 7.3, but not sure) the system fields (like store date) can be activated in every type of dialog via file cabinet configuration -&gt; dialogs, so your workaround is not needed anymore.<br> <br> In older versions, you had to copy the value to another index field like your proposed solution, the easiest workaround for that would be an autoindex job. If autoindex is not licensed, you can also implement this workaround via workflow designer or sql script/database trigger.<br> <br> Hope this helps.<br> <br> Greetings from Germany,<br> Simon H. Hellmann<br> DocuWare System Consultant
投稿済み Tue, 07 Jun 2022 16:20:12 GMT 、投稿者 Tracy Fleming CiTi BOCES DocuWare Application Administrator
Thank you for the response Simon.<br> Actually we are at 7.3 and I do have it populating into the custom index field for new and day-forward imports. I am actually trying to work through how to populate all of the values in the custom index fields with the system Store Date for all our past records. I assume I could make a workflow to do that but can't find out how to make that work.&nbsp;<br> <br> Tracy Fleming<br> &nbsp;
投稿済み Wed, 08 Jun 2022 17:47:16 GMT 、投稿者 Tracy Fleming CiTi BOCES DocuWare Application Administrator
Is this post still active?
tof
投稿済み Thu, 01 Sep 2022 16:06:27 GMT 、投稿者 Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

Hi Tracy Fleming,

given, that you want to do this with Workflow Manager (Autoindex would it also and probably easier and faster) but I assume, you just have Workflow Manager available.

1. Create an additional field in your File Cabinet (e.g. Store Date Status)
  2. Create a Workflow with following trigger conditions
    1. Start new workflow if index entries of the document were changed
    2. In "before index modification" add
      "Store Date Status" is empty
    3. In "after index modification" add
      "Store Date Status" equals "Empty"
  3. Create one variable in Workflow as a date variable
  4. Workflow just needs one activity "Assign data" which does the following
    1. Fill the date variable with the system field "Store date"
    2. Fill your custom store date field with the variable 
    3. Fill the field "Store Date Status" with "Filled"
  5. Open DocuWare and make a search in your file cabinet with all entries where your custom store date field has content (e.g. by entering a date far in the past and a date in the future)
  6. Change the index entries in field "Store Date Status" for all these documents to "Filled"
    In the 3 dots menu at the top of the result list there is an option "Change index entries for all documents"
  7. Do a second search for the field "Store Date Status" for empty fields by entering "EMPTY()" into the search field
  8. Change the index entries in the field for all the documents to "Empty" --> This will trigger the workflow
  9. After all documents have been changed you can delete your "Store Date Status" field and the workflow, to clean up.

Setting this up will probably not take more than 20 minutes, but depending on the amount of documents the index change and the workflow might take a while and the Workflow could take up some performance. I recommend you test this first by changing only a few index entries, then maybe 100 entries (one page of the result list) or even do all this in batches e.g. by date. And maybe do it outside of business hours.

Regards
Tobias Getz
Teams Leader Product Management

フォーラムに投稿するためにはログインが必要です。