Veröffentlicht Thu, 28 Jun 2018 12:18:52 GMT von Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

what is the reason you cannot edit and index entry when doing a multi cabinet search? Seems kind of a waste of time to use the feature if you can't search across cabinets then edit an index. you have to search over then edit the index. 

Veröffentlicht Thu, 05 Jul 2018 08:44:22 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Casey,
The multi-cabinet search function has been available in DocuWare literally forever. I have never had anyone ask for the ability to edit the index entries. I cannot tell you why the function is not available. Please enter a request in User Voice if this function is important.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Veröffentlicht Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:30:36 GMT von Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Phil,

I tihnk the "surprise" comes in because when we see a Result List we expect it to have the same functionality of any result list (for which we have permissions). The result list for a multi-cabinet search looks a lot like a normal list and appears to have a direct line to the documents we see. This is why it is odd when we cannot edit indexes.

I understand the complexity involved with editing multiple indexes -- permissions for one. What if someone wants to change multiple indexes across file cabinets but they actually only have permissions to change them for one of the cabinets accessed? That could get tricky.

But why not the ability to edit indexes on a single document? The result list knows the cabinet whence the document came, and knows the document ID. It doesn't seem like it would be that hard to allow the modification of indexes.

As far as no one asking for this, I can only assume that is because people don't use multi-cab searches very much. And this sort of thing could very well be the reason why. If such search results do not offer the same functionality as single-cab searches, of course folks aren't going to use it much. It feels odd that someone would even have to ask. When I come across an operation missing expected functionality (and there is no clear reason why it wouldn't be offered), I don't think "feature request" -- I usually think "bug", or at least "oversight".

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Veröffentlicht Mon, 09 Jul 2018 12:15:51 GMT von Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

My thoughts exactly. I will submit a feature request but in my mind this is a bug or oversight and should be implemented. 

Veröffentlicht Wed, 18 Jul 2018 10:49:53 GMT von Gregory Levine Customer Support

Hello.

We had a cusotmer ask about this the other day.

Please add us to the list of people requesting this functionality.

Thank you.

Veröffentlicht Wed, 25 Jul 2018 11:44:08 GMT von Simon H. Hellmann Wedderhoff IT GmbH Systemadministrator

Hello Gregory,

have a look over at https://docuware.uservoice.com - that is the place to suggest new features.

Greetings from Germany,

Simon H. Hellmann

DocuWare System Consultant

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.