Veröffentlicht Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:24:10 GMT von Josef Zayats
I just discovered a DocuWare feature that is an 'intended behavior' - according to DocuWare, but surely is not an expected behavior - at least for me and my users.
Did you know that after a document has been checked out and then checked in, an ad-hoc editing (via Edit function) is no longer available.
Has anyone found a workaround?
Veröffentlicht Thu, 11 Jul 2019 08:21:25 GMT von Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Josef,
This behavior has been surprising users for years now. The reason is some technical issue with automated version control kicking back in correctly after a check out. Nevertheless, I have never investigated whether is can be "reset". If it could it would be a database "hack" and therefore not a practical solution. The only work-around is to restore the document as a new document. Not really a work-around.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Client Services, Americas
Veröffentlicht Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:01:04 GMT von Josef Zayats
Phil,
thank you very much for your reply.
I've found out that the condition is controlled by bit 1 (second bit from the right) of  column DWVERSIONSTATE in main FC table (DW 7. and 7.1)
Bit 0 of this column indicates that the document is currently checked out (and is automatically reset back to 0 after the document is checked-in) , and bit 2 indicates that the document had been edited ad-hoc.
So it seems if I run a script that runs often and changes values of "2" or "6" in this column to "4" - everything works as expected: the document now may be edited ad-hoc and also may be checked-out. Also preview previous version function still seems to work . So the SQL script could be a workaround for on-Premise system, but can't be sure if this not causing any other issues

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.