Publicado Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:24:10 GMT por Josef Zayats
I just discovered a DocuWare feature that is an 'intended behavior' - according to DocuWare, but surely is not an expected behavior - at least for me and my users.
Did you know that after a document has been checked out and then checked in, an ad-hoc editing (via Edit function) is no longer available.
Has anyone found a workaround?
Publicado Thu, 11 Jul 2019 08:21:25 GMT por Phil Robson
Josef,
This behavior has been surprising users for years now. The reason is some technical issue with automated version control kicking back in correctly after a check out. Nevertheless, I have never investigated whether is can be "reset". If it could it would be a database "hack" and therefore not a practical solution. The only work-around is to restore the document as a new document. Not really a work-around.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Client Services, Americas
Publicado Thu, 11 Jul 2019 13:01:04 GMT por Josef Zayats
Phil,
thank you very much for your reply.
I've found out that the condition is controlled by bit 1 (second bit from the right) of  column DWVERSIONSTATE in main FC table (DW 7. and 7.1)
Bit 0 of this column indicates that the document is currently checked out (and is automatically reset back to 0 after the document is checked-in) , and bit 2 indicates that the document had been edited ad-hoc.
So it seems if I run a script that runs often and changes values of "2" or "6" in this column to "4" - everything works as expected: the document now may be edited ad-hoc and also may be checked-out. Also preview previous version function still seems to work . So the SQL script could be a workaround for on-Premise system, but can't be sure if this not causing any other issues

You must be signed in to post in this forum.