Posted Tue, 04 Sep 2018 15:49:34 GMT by Tania Aldred Records Coordinator

Since we upgraded to Version 6 (Build: 6.12.0.609), when I select more than one document to be deleted, only half of the selections are deleted each time - this is done via a right-click, selecting Delete. It happens in both the Inbox, Search or Folders. This is frustrating when importing as I am working on migrated our shared drive into DocuWare, and sometimes have to delete hundreds of documents to restart the process. For example, there are 500 documents to delete in the Inbox. Working I select all on the first page - 100 documents and delete. It deletes 50 (450 documents left). Then I select all again on the first page and delete - 400 documents left). I continue this until there are really 50 documents left, which I then delete all. 25 documents are left. I delete the 25 documents, 13 documents are left and so on until there is 1 document left. I used to be able to just select all on the page and delete 100 at a time, and could have 500 documents deleted in 5 times. Now, for 500 documents, it takes at least 15 times to delete them all. Any ideas why this is happening? Anyone else have this problem?

Posted Tue, 04 Sep 2018 15:54:29 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Tania,

This links to a similar issue of the "by half" scenario:

https://www.docuware.com/forum/english-forums/docuware-questions-about-usage-and-configuration/multiple-indexing-stops-half-way-through

Your best bet is to probably open a support ticket with DocuWare, as this might be a bug with some sort of workaround or patch.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Posted Tue, 04 Sep 2018 16:26:23 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

This issuue has been a challenging one for R&D. DocuWare refreshes the Result list whenever a change is detected. For example if you search for a specific field value get a result list, then change the value of the field you searched on (or it is a Task list etc), then DocuWare at some point will detect the change and refresh the list. This has the effect of immediately killing the background process that was either deleting or changing the documents. Most interesting is how it seems to do half each time. To correct this behavior requires some re-engineering of the back end to detect thata global change is being effected and stop the list from being refreshed and stoping the process.
Suffice to say at this point the behavior will not be resolved until at least DocuWare 7.1.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Posted Tue, 04 Sep 2018 17:02:57 GMT by Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Phil,

For the record, I have never seen this in our on-premise 6.11 system, and early on I did quite a bit of deleting whole pages of documents at once. I don't recall ever needing to do halves at a time.

Just a long shot, but is there a way to turn off the result list auto-refresh at some level? If one could temporarily turn that off, it could help. Alternately, do you know if viewing documetns in folders has the same issue? Folders can show up to 10,000 documents at once, all in one list, so if you can create a folder with a filter to display the documents you want, perhaps that would be an easier way to delete them? Just be sure you have the exact document you want!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Posted Tue, 04 Sep 2018 17:12:25 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Joe,
The issue only appeared with 6.12. The reason is that the DocuWare engine has been undergoing performance re-engineering for several releases. As is usually the case re-engineering has a habit of introducing some unwannted behavior somewhere in the chain.
There is no ability to alter the automatic refresh. It is embedded in the engine.

Phil Robson

Posted Wed, 05 Sep 2018 14:55:31 GMT by Craig Williams President/ CEO

I know this will add to the time it takes to do what you need but a work around we have found is to staple/clip the documents we need to delete then delete the one document....this adds a great deal of time to the process if you are doing all of your editing in Docuware. 

Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2018 14:04:20 GMT by Tania Aldred Records Coordinator

Thanks, that could work as a workaround until the next version is released.

Posted Tue, 02 Oct 2018 14:09:25 GMT by Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

The process for deleting documents in a result list has been re-engineered and will be correct in DocuWare 7.1

Phil Robson

Posted Tue, 08 Dec 2020 19:56:54 GMT by Tania Aldred Records Coordinator
I know this is an old post, but we are in version 7.2 and this issue is still happening. Now it's even worse, and less than half the documents get deleted each time (for example, I'm deleting 70 documents and only 20 are deleted). Should I have my service provider submit a support ticket?
Thanks,
Tania
Posted Wed, 09 Dec 2020 10:23:07 GMT by Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Tania,

yes, please let them open a support ticket.
Regards
Tobias Getz

You must be signed in to post in this forum.