Microsoft Edge cannot establish a connection to DocuWare Desktop.
There are several reasons that might cause such an issue. Please refer to the following solutions:
- Install all available Updates for Microsoft Edge:
Ensure that your Microsoft Edge is operating on the latest version.
- DocuWare Desktop App or Desktop App Service is not started:
This behavior can occur when either the Desktop Apps or the Desktop Apps Service has failed to start. To address this issue, the Desktop Apps and/or the Desktop Apps Service must be restarted.
Please refer to Installing and Connecting Desktop Apps for more on Desktop Apps and how to restart these software components.
- Content within the browser cache:
In some instances, browser cache history can prevent DocuWare Desktop Apps from establishing a connection. Please delete the browser cache and cookies, then reattempt to utilize DocuWare Desktop Apps.
- DocuWare Client is hosted using a self-signed SSL certificate:
The root certificate has to be imported to the Microsoft Certificate Store.
- DocuWare Settings Service is not working properly (On-premise Only):
If the prior solutions failed to resolve the described behavior, this may indicate that the DocuWare Service Settings are not working as intended. Please refer to the following articles to address this:
KBA is applicable for Cloud and On-premise Organizations.