Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:21:02 GMT por Aaron Dale

Hi,

We had to turn off our locale domain controllers and after about a week we started having authentication errors on the Docuware server. The  Database V2 service had stopped and I had to restart the Docuware server to get it working again. But it would only work for a short amount of time then stop again. We have domain controllers at other locations that are still on just the local ones were turned off. After turning the local dcs back on Docuware started working again. Is there some configuration I need to change to set the domain controller to the one that will not be turned off? When checking the logon server when the Docuware server was not working it was pointing to the correct one that was turned on. Any ideas what may need to be changed?

Thanks,

Aaron

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:25:34 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Normally, in a domain, you will have a main DC and one or more backup DC's. Look at the DNS settings on the DocuWare server. Do you see more than one DNS server? If you only see the one that you switch off then correct your DNS settings on the server by adding the backup DNS servers.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:35:04 GMT por Aaron Dale

Thenk you for the reply. So this would just be a Windows Server issue, nothing within Docuware management that would need to be changed?  For the Windows DNS servers for the Docuware server the secondary DNS server was still turned on the preferred was turned off. I could try making the perferred DNS server the one that will not be turned off.

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:35:30 GMT por Aaron Dale

Thank you for the reply. So this would just be a Windows Server issue, nothing within Docuware management that would need to be changed?  For the Windows DNS servers for the Docuware server the secondary DNS server was still turned on the preferred was turned off. I could try making the perferred DNS server the one that will not be turned off.

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 14:45:57 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Yes. It is a simple DNS problem. Nothing to do with DocuWare.

Phil Robson

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:39:00 GMT por Aaron Dale

After making the changes and not turning off any domain controllers I'm getting this when trying to log into Docuware. Also the database V2 was red.

The request could not be served.

503 - Service Unavailable

Cannot find active authentication server. All servers are either stopped or the communication channel settings don't allow a connection.

Exception

DWAuthenticateException: Cannot find active authentication server. All servers are either stopped or the communication channel settings don't allow a connection.

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 16:58:21 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Aaron,
I suspect there is more to this than simply turning off a Domain controller. Has the domain of the DocuWare system been changed? Are the other DC's in the same domain?

In any event, you need to open a support request, I cannot resolve this in the forum.

Phil Robson

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:04:05 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

I wonder if the secondary domain controllers have a different domain, therefore the domain in teh mysql DB is not correct. 

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:08:50 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

My thoughts are along those lines. The services cannot start properly because there is no security context. But it will be faster with a direct look at the system and a more thorough explanation of the actions being taken.

Phil Robson

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:13:51 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

Aaron, go to mysql administration query browser. Browse to DWsystem then double click dwserver table and execute. What does your domain column read? does it match the domain of your new DC's?

Publicado Wed, 19 Sep 2018 17:27:42 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

If the DW domain is different then simply changing the DB domain to match won't work. The DocuWare server will need to be properly attached to the new domain and then the changes in the DB made. Since there is no DC controller for DocuWare then there will not be a trust relationship between the domains. I think we need an explanation of what is being done and why.

Phil Robson

You must be signed in to post in this forum.