Publicado Tue, 09 Apr 2019 20:26:53 GMT por Kim Sims Technical Solution Architect
New installation for this client who is using several ScanSnap ix500's in their environment and have been using them extensively in Fortis SE. When the DW DTA Scan app is installed, it doesn't recognize the scanner and it appears from the Fujitsu website, there are no other drivers available for this unit. It has basically put the user roll-out on hold until it is resolved.
Does anyone have any experience with this scanner and been able to work around the problems that are affecting this client?
Publicado Tue, 09 Apr 2019 20:30:23 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
We have found that Fortis and DocuWare Desktop Scan do not play at well when in the same sand pit. In fact with the Fortis Scan app installed DocuWare will not see the scanner. We usually uninstall the Fortis Scan app to resolve this issue.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 10 Apr 2019 11:53:20 GMT por Kim Sims Technical Solution Architect

Thank you Phil.

I informed the client and he tried to install the DTA on a workstation without Fortis Scan installed, but received the same error. I asked him to uninstall the scanner software and try to let windows recognize and install it and then launch the scan app to see if it helps. 

Publicado Wed, 10 Apr 2019 15:09:00 GMT por Kim Sims Technical Solution Architect
Client states that DTA scan module is still not recognizing the scanner. I'm going to connect with him after 1pm EDT to see if we can work through the issues. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Publicado Mon, 29 Apr 2019 20:58:42 GMT por Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager
I have a client who's ScanSnap ix500 is not noticed on any of his DocuWare pc's.  Desktop app just says the there is no supported scanner connected.  The scanners work fine on the Pcs' using their standard software.
Publicado Thu, 02 May 2019 12:37:18 GMT por Christopher Nicoli Project Manager-Sr Systems Engineer
the ix500 does not have a twain or isis driver so it is not compatible with DocuWare.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.