Publicado Tue, 28 Jan 2020 14:28:08 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Hey all,

I realize I have never had to download a LIC file since the support portal upgrade, and now I cannot find out where to download a LIC file for our on-premise installation. Can anyone help me out? I can see my profile, but there is no screen for organizational information like there used to be (and that is where one could download a LIC).

I am also curious about when to apply the LIC file. I assumed I would have to apply a new one every time we paid our yearly invoice from the reseller. Is that not required? How do the licenses expire, then, as in, won't they stop working if we don't pay for the licenses? I am not sure what portion of the annual payment is pure maintenance and support and what portion is for ongoing licensing.

We are on 6.11, on-premise. Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Publicado Tue, 28 Jan 2020 15:14:02 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Joe,

I do not know where the license file downloads are located for customers, I only get them through the partner portal.

About your second point: You only need to apply a new lic file every time you install an Update or install server components onto a different server.
The license you currently have installed on your system will never expire - all annual payment is only maintenance and support (except if you use Intellix Cloud, this is licensed as a service and will cease working if you stop to pay for it).

If you migrate onto a different server, you can use the same license file you already used for the last installation - if you install an Upgrade to, lets say 7.2, you need to use a new license file which is compatible with 7.2.

If you cancel your maintenance contract, you no longer get new license files supplied which means you can not install a new version of docuware, because the new version requires a new license file.

If you cancel your support contract, this does not change the license files, but you may no longer contact DocuWare Support via Support Portal, Mail or phone. If you do, they will tell you their hourly support rates I suppose (not sure about this, as I never had a customer cancel support).

Hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
-DACH Diamond Partner 2020-
Publicado Tue, 28 Jan 2020 15:20:35 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Simon,

Thanks so much, this clarifies things a great deal.

I used to be able to download the LIC file from our Organization profile page... It wasn't that long ago we could do that. Are you saying if we need a new LIC file I can no longer download it ourselves? We would have to work through the reseller?

And final question to "bottom line" it -- if we stopped paying M&S we could keep using everything, we just wouldn't have support? I could even install hotfixes and such within our current version? Mind you, I have NO intention of doing that because we have other software we let lapse and age inelegantly and it is a nightmare. I just wondered if it was possible.

Thanks again for your time and explanations.

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Publicado Tue, 28 Jan 2020 15:23:50 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
Joe,
Simon has summarized it perfectly. You should be able to log in to the Partner Portal with your credentials and download your license from there.
Just to recap. The license itself never expires - well almost never - your 6.11 license expires in 2037.
I've emailed a copy of it to you for convenience.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Publicado Tue, 28 Jan 2020 16:45:48 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Thanks, Phil. And where might I find the Partner Portal in the new scheme of the DocuWare site?

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Publicado Wed, 29 Jan 2020 08:41:21 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Joe,

in the top bar: Partner -> Partner portal login.
See image:

Screenshot DocuWare homepage

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Wed, 29 Jan 2020 14:41:56 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Simon,

I just wasted ten minutes trying to login to the partner portal, and then taking screenshots to show how it is an exercise in futility.

Whether I am signed into the forums or not, when I click the link you state I go to a page that looks like my "access the portal" picture attached. I click the circled link, and it takes me to the "portal" (picture also attached).

No matter what I click on in the so-called portal (such as "My Account"), it takes me back to the "access the portal" page. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Extremely frustrating. DocuWare has always (pardon my French) sucked as far as web site navigation goes, but the so-called streamlined site isn't any better. Now hard is it to have a straightforward login process that isn't buried in multiple links or caught in back-and-forth page navigation?

I am no closer to being able to access LIC files on my own should the need arise.

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman

Publicado Tue, 04 Feb 2020 17:06:27 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Can anyone help me with this? I am still unable to access the Partner Portal -- two web sites just take me back and forth when I try to access "My Account" inside the portal login page (see my previous post on the topic).

I am no closer to being able to download a LIC file, so is this possible or not? I'd rather not open a support ticket for such a silly endeavor...

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman

You must be signed in to post in this forum.