Publicado Wed, 29 Aug 2018 12:15:15 GMT por Larry Stover President

Were do you increase the result list count past 10000 in DW6.12?

Publicado Wed, 29 Aug 2018 15:57:23 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Larry,
At the moment with 6.12 and above the option to change the Result hot count has been removed. We are looking to see if there is a configuration file option available for On-Premise systems.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:25:00 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Phil,

Very interested to know if on-prem has a workaround. Anyone who does much Platform SDK integration is going to want to have control of that result parameter (because I am pretty sure it affects returned results for SDK queries, too). This would be another reason for us to stay on 6.11 if there is not a way to increase that number. We try to use the SDK wherever we can instead of directly hitting SQL Server, so 10,000 rows could potentially be quite limiting.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: in the DWFileCabinet table, "settings" field, there is a section that looks like this:

<Misc maxIndexSearchHits="10000">
    <SelectList timeout="15000" />
  </Misc>

for each cabinet. For cabinets where I have upped the max number of hits, "maxIndexSearchHits" is set equal to the higher number (30000, in my case). Not sure if you could just change it in settings and have it work, or if that setting is a mirror of some other table or config file. Changing the XML in the settings field is not actually all that straightforward, anyway...

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:41:12 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Joe,
Yes, the actual setting is still there but the ability to change it through the GUI is gone. Sometimes when they remove it from the GUI there is a Config file change that can be made. We are checking in to it. I agree, changing the settings file in the actual database is not for the unitiated.
If the change is still possible via a config file then it will be limited to On-Premise systems only.
In your case, if you changed the value in 6.11, I expect it would 'stick' through an upgrade.

Your reason for increasing it when working with the SDK makes sense. Increasing it beyond 10,000 so a user can get a bigger result list in the web client defies logic. First the performance hit on the system would be crippling and I defy any human being to be able to digest even a result list of 10,000 hits, one page at a time.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 29 Aug 2018 16:56:34 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Phil,

Agreed, though a while back we figured out that if you want to return a massive (as in, unpaged) result list, it can be done with filtered Folders. A folder will return anything defined by the original query within its group-by pivot. Though, I just tested that out and tried to return over 10000 results, and I couldn't (without upping the cap). So, it looks like Folders honor the limit as well! Hopefully there is an on-prem way of changing that in lieu of the desktop Admin tool.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Thu, 13 Sep 2018 14:57:56 GMT por Larry Stover President

I use the total hits to verify that my DocuWare Request jobs have the same hits as the file cabinet before giving it to a customer.  In many case the results are over 10,000.

Larry Stover

Publicado Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:11:20 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Larry,

Can you access the SQL Server under the data and see how many documetns are in the cabinet? That's the easiest way to count at this point... This must be on-premise, right? You can download SQL Server Management Studio and access the SQL Server database directly (or MySQL explorer, if that is the db), and then do a quick select query.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Mon, 17 Sep 2018 11:12:10 GMT por Larry Stover President

Joe,

What do I need to enter for a quick select query?  I opened MySql query browser, but not sue what to do next.

Thank you,

Larryr

Publicado Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:48:23 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Larry,

I assume you are using MySQL Workbench? I do not have an example of accessing DocuWare with that, since our database is MS SQL Server. But the methodology is the same.

Assuming you are connected, you need to go to the correct database, or "schema" as MySQL calls them. I have attached a picture of accessing a MySQL database I have set up to store weather data from my personal weather station at home, just to give a feel for how the databases are listed.

I have also attached what a DocuWare database listing looks like in SQL Server. AS you can see, file cabinet data is in a database/scheme called "dwdata". Expand that database and find the table representing the file cabinet. It should have a similar name, though certain characters are converted to underscores and the name will be in all capital letters.

Once you have the table visible, right-click on it and choose "Select Rows" from the menu. This will generate a query to return all rows in the table, such as:

SELECT * FROM <schema name>.<table name>;

If you just want the count of records, you can use this for your query:

SELECT COUNT(*) AS NumRecs FROM <schema name>.<table name>;

That will just return the singleton field denoting th enumber of records in the table, and that should be your number of documents in the file cabinet.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/dw_mysql.png

https://www.docuware.com/sites/default/files/forums-images/dw_mssql.png

Publicado Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:43:23 GMT por Larry Stover President

Joe,

I was able to do it thanks to you! This is what I did using MySQL query browser.  From dwdata I double clicked on file cabinet which put the following in the select list. 

SELECT * FROM dwata.<file cabinet name> s;

The last "s" was the first letter in the file cabinet name.

Thank you,

Larry

Publicado Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:56:51 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Larry,

Glad you figured it out! Welcome to the powerful world of SQL!  *smile*

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

You must be signed in to post in this forum.