Publicado Wed, 05 Dec 2018 15:27:24 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

I cannot find a silent install document for V7. Is it the same as the 6.12 instructions? 

Publicado Fri, 07 Dec 2018 18:19:23 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

I guess I will take this as no one knows this answer at DocuWare...

Publicado Tue, 22 Jan 2019 16:39:41 GMT por Rick Russell IT/DevOps/SecOps/NetOps

Docuware this is the 3rd time you've changed the silent install method in 1 version bump.  We had a script we'd use(worked fine) then you shortened it up with silent install command switch w/ orgid which worked fine, now there's nothing and neither the previous silent install versions work.  Some of us have a lot of computers that we manage and visiting each computer to upgrade Docuware using the gui is just obsurd.  Please update your docs and provide a wiki entry for silent installs, thank you.

Publicado Tue, 22 Jan 2019 17:06:51 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

The FAQ article:
https://faq.docuware.com/en-us/knowledgebase/article/KBA-35551 is valid for DocuWare 7.
I just ran this command for DocuWare 7 without error.
DocuWare.ClientSetupCmd.exe install --auto --server=http://server01 --orgId=1

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:07:00 GMT por Rick Russell IT/DevOps/SecOps/NetOps

I have been assigned request #307,728; regarding silent install for version 7.

The same’s for the previous version 6.12 are the same steps for version7.

We do apologize for our knowledge base website being down and not being updated; we are currently in the process of updating everything on our new systems for the roll out.

Soon as that is complete all of our KB articles will be up to date,

That's great, add the doc to the website?  Communicate with your customers?   Knowledgebase is down, wow, i thought we run through blue/green deploys now-a-days, why on earth anything is "down" while they update it, is so 1990's..   Let's get our crap together Docuware, I hate managing applications wich lack Administrative Automation.  Oh and can you at least fix the file repo where I download the binaries?  https://docuware-online.com/DocuWare/ClientSetupData/ That link is broken, what a mess.   

Publicado Tue, 22 Jan 2019 18:25:16 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Rick,
The FAQ site was only down for a few weeks last summer after a security breach. The new FAQ site has been up and running for many months. While transferring the FAQ's to the new site they were all being double checked for accuracy. With over 3000 FAQ's to check there is no doubt that a few got through without being updated. All of this has been communicated to our Resellers and customers.
I have requested the Silent Install FAQ be updated to include DocuWare 7, and have asked the Cloud Team to provide the correct URL for the install files.
Thank you for your input.

Phil Robson

Publicado Wed, 23 Jan 2019 12:20:09 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

The FAQ article has been updated, and also contains instructions for cloud customers on which URL to use to obtain the install files.

Phil Robson

You must be signed in to post in this forum.