Publicado Thu, 02 Aug 2018 15:39:26 GMT por Josef Zayats

So now, in order to keep flexibility and convinience of the 'limit disk capacity' option, we'd need to pro-actively monitor 'available disk space' on the current FC disk? This is well know to cause problems. The only realistic option now is not to 'Limit Disk Capacity'. 

What a step backward!!!

Or am I missing something here?

Publicado Mon, 06 Aug 2018 12:31:49 GMT por Maria Holden Sr. Director Software Support Americas & APAC

Dear Mr. Zayats,

We recommend you to please enter this feature in our user's voice portal at https://docuware.uservoice.com/

Regards,
Maria Holden
Manager Support –  Americas

Publicado Mon, 06 Aug 2018 13:41:25 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

Do you still have clients backing their data up to disks still? I believe they just took this function away because no one is using disks for backup's anymore.

Publicado Mon, 06 Aug 2018 18:01:35 GMT por Josef Zayats

Casey,

I know, noone uses disks backups to DVDs any more, but I had to move storage locations so many times, and it's so much more controlled/reliable when you move let's say 50 4GB disks than one 200GB folder, No?

Publicado Mon, 06 Aug 2018 18:23:31 GMT por Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

very true. That could be a valid reason.

Publicado Wed, 11 Sep 2019 22:00:07 GMT por Larry Russell Systems Engineer II
Very valid reason. It's also difficult to explain to customers that they had a feature in a older version and no longer do in the newer (better) version. I have several customers that have had Docuware since DW3 days and they have gotten used to logically separating their disks for many reasons.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.