Publié Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:23:49 GMT par John DeLaat

Does admin require a license to configure and run desktop apps on the DocuWare Server?

Publié Thu, 26 Apr 2018 12:26:00 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Yes.
The same rules apply to the Sytem Administrator as applies to normal user licensing with Desktop Apps, and the Web client.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Thu, 26 Apr 2018 14:14:24 GMT par Josef Zayats

John,

to run Docuware Configuration without requiring a license, go directly to your settings website (http://yourserver/docuware/settings) - this also works fo Docuware online, just use https://yourcompanyname.docuware.cloud/docuware/settings) - after logging in, you'd be able to configure anything without consuming a connection license. Running Docuware Administration does not need a license.

Running Desktop Apps.(on Docuware server, on stand-alone computer, or conencted to Docuware Online) is not that straightforward: running Docuware Import and Docuware Printer does NOT require a license, but running Connect To Outlook and SmartConnect use a license.

Hope this helps

Publié Tue, 28 Aug 2018 05:23:50 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi

I need to reopen the post as the new license policy (named license) changes the way to handle administration/maintenance.

I understand that using the configuration tools does not require a license, but once a modification is done one has to test it. Admin user is oftenly used to do so. It means that in the named license world the admin user needs a dedicated license.

This was not the case in the concurrent license world. Consequence a user license has to be sold for maintenance purpose.

Am I right ?

Best regards

Gilles

Question : what's about Workflow designer using the Desktop authentification ? License needed ?

Publié Tue, 28 Aug 2018 12:32:24 GMT par Simon H. Hellmann Wedderhoff IT GmbH Systemadministrator

Hello Gilles,

the workflow Designer does not consume a license.

If you want to log in to DW to test a newly created configuration, yes, you need a license. You can either assign a license to the admin user, use another user instead of admin for testing, have at least one concurrent user license or switch named licenses around via administration any time you want to  test things.

Those are just the 4 ways of going around that problem which came across my mind now, maybe there are more.

I hope this helps.

Greetings from Germany,

Simon H. Hellmann

DocuWare System Consultant

You must be signed in to post in this forum.