Publié Thu, 29 Mar 2018 09:53:40 GMT par Thomas Clement Contrôleur de gestion

Hello everyone,

I would like to automatically duplicate some documents stored in Docuware. I know most people want to remove duplicates but in the case of my company, I need to have 2 times the same document, indexed differently.

Let me explain, companies A and B both use the same storage cabinet to store incoming and outgoing bills. Company A may charge B sometimes.
We have a copy of the invoice stored as an outgoing invoice from A and a copy to B as an incoming invoice.

I was able to automate the storage of outgoing invoices once generated by our billing software but now I would like to duplicate the invoice, store it in incoming invoice by changing the indexes that must be.

I am not sure that everything is very clear, I hope I have been understood.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
Clément THOMAS

Publié Thu, 29 Mar 2018 10:22:11 GMT par Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

Thomas,
There is no automatic mechanism in DocuWare to duplicate records within the same file cabinet.
If the document is already stored then you will need to copy it to a tray and then store it again changing the index values as needed.
If the document is not already stored, you can store the first copy and uncheck the "Delete from document tray" option. This will leave the document in the tray, with the index information that was entered in the first storage. Then you can store it again and change the index information and delete it from the tray.

To automate this process, you could have Professional Services develop a custom function for you.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publié Thu, 29 Mar 2018 12:54:04 GMT par Casey Miller Director of Technical Services

The only thing I can think of would be a manual process of right clicking the document and selecting quick copy to that cabinet. It would be an exact duplicate. You would then need to change whichever indexes needed.

Publié Thu, 29 Mar 2018 13:29:59 GMT par Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Casey's idea is a good one, and Quick Copy can operate on multiple documents at the same time. If index fields are the same in the destination file cabinet, indexes will copy over, too. Then you could use a index change on multiple documents in the destination to set them to whatever they need to be in their new home.

Incidentally, Folders are sort of useful in this regard. If you make a Folder that displays all the documents you want to view, you don't run into pager limits. That is, a Folder result list will return all the documents that match, not just 100 at a time. That can be a problem if Folders are not defined strictly enough (it can take a loooong time to load 30,000 results, for example), but in the scenario where you want to see many documents all at once, it can be useful.

Folders and Quick Copy are going to get you quite a ways toward your desired result, everything except changing the indexes once replicated documents are in their destination file cabinet.

Incidentally, you could do all this via the Platform SDK if you have any folks competent in C#/.NET...

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publié Thu, 29 Mar 2018 13:40:00 GMT par Josef Zayats

Posted in a wrong chain

Publié Thu, 29 Mar 2018 14:27:36 GMT par Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi,

As written by Joe, I would recommand using DW SDK. A web service designed to do the job + a WF task to call the web service when needed would be the best solution.

Regards

Gilles

Publié Fri, 30 Mar 2018 09:39:23 GMT par Thomas Clement Contrôleur de gestion

Thank you for all your answers.

Until now I've followed Casey Miller's solution but I would like to go further in automation to avoid mistakes.

I will explore DW SDK to see if I can find a solution.

Thank you again for your precious help :)

Regards,

Clément THOMAS

You must be signed in to post in this forum.