Veröffentlicht Tue, 25 Aug 2020 12:51:11 GMT von Craig Taylor Applications Analyst
Hi,

Please let me preface by saying I have little to no prior experience with Docuware! 

I have been asked to look into an issue reported by some of our users and we currently do not have anyone else with a great deal of back knowledge of Docuware, so here I am!

Users are using the docuware outlook addon to send emails with order attachements into the Docuware web app. We have about 8 'trays' setup, and the emails all come in to one mailbox. The users would like these to automatically store in the Docuware web app - they are complaining that they have set the correct tray in Outlook and are then having to go into Docuware as an extra step to actually get them to go into these trays. The emails appear in the Docuware 'holding' area with the correct sub-trays populated.

Is there a setting to enable this to happen? I have looked through the admin console and see that the trays are 'manual storage' type.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Veröffentlicht Wed, 26 Aug 2020 09:29:55 GMT von Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management
Hi Craig,

if all emails end up in the same tray, then probably this tray is set up as the destination in the "Outlook Email" configuration. I am not exactly sure, what you would like to accomplish, but I assume, you want to store the emails directly in a file cabinet. You can define the target on the tab "Store Target (See image).

On the next tab you configure, how the emails get indexed and you can also choose to open the store dialog, if users have to add additional index entries.

I hope this helps
Regards
Tobias Getz

Veröffentlicht Wed, 26 Aug 2020 09:52:42 GMT von Craig Taylor Applications Analyst
Thanks Tobias, I think I am starting to understand some of the terminology for Docuware.

It seems we have 2 document trays. Users are using the outlook app to set the indexing values in outlook, which then sends the emails into 1 of the 2 trays in Docuware, with this indexing information coming through with it. The users complaint is that they then have to access the web app and click 'store' on all these imports.

I noticed their is a 'store automatically' option in the rightclick menu, if the users select all the emails in the Docuware tray and used this would it store using the indexing values the items have against them from the outlook app selection? If so, is there a way to automate this so the users do not have to login to the webapp and manually initiate this?

I have attached a few screen snaps to hopefully help illustrate.
Veröffentlicht Wed, 26 Aug 2020 13:06:06 GMT von Tobias Getz DocuWare GmbH Team Leader Product Management

Craig, now this makes much more sense to me. Thanks for the clarification.

Your users could use the "Store Automatically" functionality in the tray but I would suggest that you switch over to the DocuWare Configuration (Click on your name at the top and choose "Configurations"), then open "Outlook Email" from the configurators. You should check which configuration your users are using (In Outlook click on the tab "DocuWare" and check the dropdown for Storage). Back in the configuration open this configuration and change the target to be directly the file cabinet.

Back in Outlook log out from DocuWare and back in (or restart Outlook) and give it a try.

Veröffentlicht Wed, 02 Sep 2020 18:15:28 GMT von Marie Novak
The import tray is set for Intelligent Indexing (II) and as such, will attempt to fill index fields as it tries to find the right information.  II is set up by tray and is used to find and index fields from unstructured documents (heavily used for AP Invoice capturing).

Craig, is II populating additional fields above what the users are populating?  If so, storing directly to the cabinet from Outlook will bypass the fields indexed by Intelligent Indexing.
Veröffentlicht Thu, 03 Sep 2020 11:45:13 GMT von Craig Taylor Applications Analyst
Thanks for your reply Marie, we have attempted to use the direct to file cabinet option but as you say, it seems to be missing the intelligent indexing sections - the Customer and Purchase Order number fields in this case.

Is there a way to have these picked up with the direct to cabinet option?
Veröffentlicht Thu, 17 Sep 2020 12:56:24 GMT von Craig Heintz SE
There is not a way for theses fields to be pickup up automatically and then stored to the tray unless they are in the same zone all the time and an OCR template can extract them.  But usually these are A/P invoices from avariety of vendors so the info moves around.  In that case you need Intelligent Indexing which can only be done in a tray and therefore not automated to the cabinet directly

Sie müssen angemeldet sein um Beiträge in den Foren zu erstellen.