When you open Outlook, the Connect to Outlook plugin does not appear on the Toolbar (Ribbon)
To troubleshoot this issue, please try the following,
- Verify that they’re using a Supported version of Outlook.
7.0 – Outlook 2013 (x32 & x64) / Outlook 2016 (x32 & x64)
7.1 – Outlook 2013 (x32 & x64) / Outlook 2016 (x32 & x64)
7.2 – Outlook 2013 (x32 & x64) / Outlook 2016 (x32 & x64)
7.3 – Outlook 2013 (x32 & x64) / Outlook 2016 (x32 & x64) / Outlook 2019 (x32 & x64)
7.4 – Outlook 2013 (x32 & x64) / Outlook 2016 (x32 & x64) / Outlook 2019 (x32 & x64)
- Verify that Connect to Outlook is installed (Programs & Features)
If it’s installed, please refer to step 3.
If it’s not installed, please install via the Desktop Apps installer.
- Verify that Connect to Outlook is present in Outlook Add-Ins.
File > Options > Add-Ins > Check Active & Disabled Add-Ins. Sometimes a dependency gets disabled (adxloader) which can cause this issue.
- Verify that AntiVirus is not an issue
- Navigate to Outlook using Command Prompt (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\Outlook.exe). Run the command Outlook.exe /cleanviews
If you are still experiencing issues after performing the above steps, please open Outlook via right clicking “Run as Administrator”
If the Add-In appears when this is done, please exit Outlook then do the following,
- Grant full rights on “C:\Windows” to the user experiencing the issue.
- If that did not work, then please check the following folders:
In all of these folders are normally one or two folders with this name 18.104.22.168__71e9bce111e9429c or 22.214.171.124__71e9bce111e9429c.
If you open the folders, the dll files will be there.
Right-click go to properties and choose the ribbon “Details” for each dll file
If the Details are not filled in or some fields are empty, then the dll is not registered.
You can register the dll with the following:
Move the dll from the folder to the desktop and then back to the folder. Please check if the fields from the details ribbon is filled in or not.
If they are filled please do the same for the other dll's
Therefore, you must work with your IT department.