Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 00:01:08 GMT por Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager

I have a client who setup a field called Document Type, (as many do).  They are using a select list to propagate this field.  One of the entries is wrong and many documents have been indexed with that wrong name.  How do I rename the index value of all of these docuemnts to the correct spelling?  Anyone have an idea?

Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 06:59:06 GMT por

Hi Michael,

you can use the workflowmanager to do that.

Create a workflow, time controlled.

Startcondition is the wrong name --> assign data --> choose document type field --> set up the correct entry.

Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 07:05:20 GMT por Gerardo Lisanti Team Leader Product Management

Hi Michael,

you may use the Index Cleaner App
Get more info here: http://help.docuware.com/de/#b57860t49773n89677

Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 12:46:31 GMT por Josef Zayats

Michael,

if your Docuware is at 6.12, there is a new feture that makes the task very easy/ Just do a search for doctype='wrongspelling' and from the result list menu select "Change Index entries for all documents" and set doctype to 'CorrectSpelling"

Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 13:06:23 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Changing an index on multiple documents is available in 6.11 as well.

I assumed there were too many documents to fit on one screen at a time (more than 100), meaning someone would still have to go screen by screen if there are thousands of documents with the incorrect field.

Utilizing the Platform SDK (even a query against SQL Server on the backend) would be an option as well.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 13:55:00 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas

DocuWare provides 2 tools for changing many index entries. Either AutoIndex or the Index Cleaner App as indicated by Gerardo. Workflows, Manual selection and SDK options are not required and introduce more work than required.

Footnote. As indicated by Josef, once you get a result list, click on the result list context menu (3 vertical dots), and select Change Index entries for all documents. That will also process the entire Result list up to 10,000 documents at a time.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Support Americas

Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:00:14 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Sure, but not everyone has AutoIndex because it costs extra (we don't). I have not played with the Index Cleaner app, but will take a look...

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Wed, 21 Feb 2018 19:13:32 GMT por Michael Weingand Professional Services Manager

This worked Perfectly.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.