Publicado Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:30:43 GMT por Shimon Dashevsky NO LONGER WITH COMPANY

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up a simple field mask: I'm looking to restrict a field to a maximum of 18 [A-Za-z0-9] and minimum of one, including the possibility of spaces and punctuation marks. 

I'm not finding the guide http://help.docuware.com/en/#b64084t63463n87516 overly helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Publicado Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:48:23 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Shimon,

It look slike the following expression should be close:

.{1,18}

That is, a period, open curly bracket, 1, comma, 18, and closing curly bracket.

The period means any character except line-feed, and the range of numbers in curly brackets means the character can occur that many times (so, effectively a lower and upper bound on length in this scenario).

If the DocuWare help isn't helping, any tutorial on regular expressions should be of assistance. Figuring out regex stuff can be a challenge... Just google for whatever issue you are trying to solve (including keywords "regular expression" or "regex"), and it can help zero in on what you are trying to do.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Thu, 17 Jan 2019 17:55:08 GMT por Shimon Dashevsky NO LONGER WITH COMPANY

Hi Joe,

I tried that, but I am able to enter more than the maximum amount of characters indicated. I think the logic is sound, and am starting to wonder if this is a bug.

Thanks

Publicado Thu, 17 Jan 2019 18:27:56 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Shimon,

Add indicators for beginning and end of line, otherwise the expression just thinks you are starting a new string on the same line. This seemed to make an online regex checker work better when I tested:

^.{1,18}$

That is, same as before, but with a caret at the front and  dollar sign at the end. That terminates front and back, so something of 0 characters or 19 characters should no longer be considered a match.

If that doesn't work, then yes, I would start to wonder if there is a bug, or if perhaps the regex validator in DW isn't quite standard. All of the other help documentation would indicate that it is.

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Fri, 18 Jan 2019 13:03:59 GMT por Shimon Dashevsky NO LONGER WITH COMPANY

Hi Joe,

This worked! 

Thanks for your help.

Publicado Fri, 18 Jan 2019 15:10:09 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there

Great! Now when I forget how it will be on the forums for me to find.  *smile*  The life you support may be your own!

Thanks,

Joe Kaufman

Publicado Thu, 24 Jan 2019 21:05:57 GMT por Matthew Trembly Software Support Manager

Just FYI, in DocuWare, the store dialog index field mask won't even trigger if the field is empty.  So basically, the regex can't check for the "minimum of one" or NOT EMPTY requirement.

Publicado Fri, 25 Jan 2019 13:13:14 GMT por Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président

Hi,

To check EMPTY or minimum something I suggest to use the validation option (need a homemade Webservice and a call). Option as the store dialog level.

Regards

Gilles

Publicado Fri, 25 Jan 2019 13:22:38 GMT por Matthew Trembly Software Support Manager

Indeed, a custom field level validation would be a nifty adaptation.  In any case, though, it looks as though DocuWare has planned to finally move the "required field" configuation to the file cabinet store dialog for the next release:

https://docuware.uservoice.com/forums/230570-client-english/suggestions/...

Publicado Tue, 12 Feb 2019 07:14:06 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Wedderhoff IT GmbH Systemadministrator

Hi Matthew,

yes, this is a confirmed feature for V 7.1. Can't wait to get my hands on that!

Greetings from Germany,
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant

You must be signed in to post in this forum.