Publicado Thu, 06 Jun 2019 14:59:28 GMT por Brayan Rodriguez Summan SAS Analista TI
Hi, in a white paper about DocuWare Cloud, you say:

"DocuWare Cloud is a "software as a service" (SaaS) solution. DocuWare in turn relies on the services of Microsoft Azure as a "platform as a service" (PaaS) for its own offering. All customer documents, files, and metadata are stored on Azure Storage. The databases are hosted by Azure SQL (managed service)."

But in the System Requirements for DocuWare Version 7.1

"Azure VMs are not supported for running DocuWare, neither for servers nor for clients."

The clients can't install DocuWare with their On-Premise license in Azure?
Publicado Thu, 06 Jun 2019 15:29:22 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
And why are Azure VMs singled out as not supported? Does that mean AWS VMs are supported?

A VM is a VM. We are running VM-based servers for our on-premise installation, so what is wrong with Azure VMs? Especially if DocuWare Cloud trusts Azure as its platform?

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Publicado Thu, 06 Jun 2019 17:25:13 GMT por Phil Robson DocuWare Corporation Senior Director Professional Services, Americas
The information is correct. A DocuWare On-Premise system is not supported in Azure and for that matter AWS. DocuWare Cloud utilizes a customized engine in order to operate in that environment. The issue is that Azure (and AWS) do not support the required IP protocol that DocuWare uses for inter-service communications.
So a VM in Azure or AWS is not the same as a VM in an on-premise installation.

Phil Robson
Senior Director Client Services, Americas
Publicado Thu, 06 Jun 2019 17:51:51 GMT por Joe Kaufman Bell Laboratories Inc No longer there
Phil,

Thanks for the explanation. Not sure I understand it (I thought things like Amazon VMs were almost entirely customizable and so could be configured like any local server, but you learn something new every day!

You might want to amend the documentation to either list all the unsupported cloud VMs explicitly, just say "no cloud VMs", or provide details about why some cloud VMs don't work (e.g. "Cloud VMs that do not support protocol <whatever> are not supported by DocuWare.")

Are VMs from Expedient and Rackspace supported, for example? What is the required IP protocol that is missing? Just curious...

Thanks,
Joe Kaufman
Publicado Thu, 06 Jun 2019 21:23:38 GMT por Brayan Rodriguez Summan SAS Analista TI
Hi Phil, thanks for your answer.

We have DocuWare version 7, working in AWS, we used one server for DocuWare System and another server hosting the database, both in AWS.

Can you tell me if the issue with the IP protocol happen only with DW version 7.1?
Publicado Fri, 31 Jan 2020 10:26:52 GMT por Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président
Hello

This post is not a new one, but seems to be the only one talking about DocuWare OnPremise in AWS (Amazon)

I am not sure I fully understand the issue

So is there any restriction to run OnPremise DocuWare (version 7.2) in AWS, one server for DW, one other server for MSSQL, both in AWS ?

Thanks in advance

Gilles
Publicado Tue, 08 Jun 2021 14:41:46 GMT por Pedro E. Gonzalez-Santini
Hello, everyone. An update to this subject would be very welcome. We have a client that needs to migrate from another system but needs an on-premise solution (few users, lots of documents). A cloud system with a single server would be ideal. 
Publicado Wed, 09 Jun 2021 10:55:08 GMT por Simon H. Hellmann Toshiba Tec Germany Imaging Systems GmbH IT-Consultant Document Management Solutions
Hi Pedro, 

this is still not officially supported. It may work, it may not work. Maybe you can find a customer who has this working on the current release, but I do not know of any.
DocuWare provides no support for on prem installs on AWS/Azure if that is found to cause the issue.
There was another thread recently talking about on prem in Azure where a DocuWare rep answered the questions - AWS follows the same rules as Azure here.

Greetings from Germany, 
Simon H. Hellmann
DocuWare System Consultant
Publicado Wed, 09 Jun 2021 12:45:06 GMT por Gerardo Lisanti Team Leader Product Management

Hi Pedro, Hi Simon,

Since DocuWare Version 7.2 you can install and run DocuWare On-Premises on a Microsoft Windows powered VM in an Azure environment.
AWS is not supported.
However if you run DocuWare in a multi server environment (Scaling Form M-XL), you need to use the Azure Service Bus. For this a special configuration is required.

You'll find more information here:
KBA-36338  · DocuWare Support Portal
GitHub - DocuWare/MessageBus: DocuWare Message Bus
MessageBus/install-servicebus.md at master · DocuWare/MessageBus · GitHub

Viele Grüße / With best regards,

Gerardo Lisanti

Manager Product

Publicado Fri, 29 Oct 2021 14:44:17 GMT por Joshua White System Administrator Manager
Gilles - were you able to get your installation working in AWS? We have 7.2 on-prem but using AWS S3 buckets with a storage gateway for storage. Performance is fine storing documents however retrieving is slow through DocuWare. When browsing the UNC path they pull up fine so it's something in the configuration that is slowing things down.
Publicado Sat, 30 Oct 2021 08:39:49 GMT por Gilles Sauvagnat Altexence Président
Hi Joshua,

Sorry I cannot help, the DocuWare project on AWS platform was cancelled.

Reading the post from Gerardo I would be more than cautious with such platfrom.

Regards

Gilles

You must be signed in to post in this forum.